Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Priston Tale in Windows 7!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1. REQUIRED FILES
1.1 Database

SQL Server 2008 Express: |
SQL Server 2008 Management Studio: |
SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 1 (available via Windows Update) (optional, mandatory in Windows 7)

Game Client 1.3
Client Files (game):

The links are broken?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
No, only the official game client link for kPT test client is broken, because it has been replaced with a newer version.

The SQL downloads are Brazilian Portuguese versions though.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks bobsobol..:thumbup:

But.. Where i can found that client?..:?:

I'm traing to create my server.. but i've a lot of problems..:*:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Unless someone kept a backup, I would suggest you try to just use the current official test version from the . Unfortunately, (not) my system doesn't have a browser which supports ActiveX object embedding. (yay \o/) So the JScript which relies on them to complete the download fails. :\

Anyone who still has IE on their Doze PC care to dig out the current correct URL from the test client download control on that page? (that's the one returned by getfileTestName() BTW)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My problem now is that i can't create the conexion server-client.
When i run the game.exe (after run the -KPT-Endless-Tower-Update-V2.2 obviously) the game.exe never work..

I think i have the correct hotuk, ldata and Ptreg..

I don't know why can't make it work..:(:

If something it's wrong, let me know it..

Thanks again..

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Start, and immediate close, is usually XTrap. Are you sure you have that successfully disabled?

game.exe closing after login, or character select is usually unauthorised attempt to use Admin / GM mode.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
With Olly and Reverse Code Engineering? Not helpful? Try . (only works for Korean or Japanese clients these days)

Or if you are happier to read that view. :D:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How do i get the server host name or whatever its called and i keep getting this error ( im a noob at making pristontales private server)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
"Server type:" need to be "Database engine".
Try to use "SQL Server Authentication"
Login: sa
Password: <your password>
If it's not working try "Windows Authentication"

Also try your PC name in "Server name:" jiggy? without \SQLEXPRESS (if its express edition).

All those options depends on what you selected during installation.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't use any communicator, if you still can't connect to your SQL server try uninstalling your MS SQL Server and during installation select "SQL Server Authentication". Make good password and remember it. Your login will be sa (system administrator).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
tht nt the problem its like the database file was is it . like i wanna know what i need to put there

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You already do... but only you do.

You put the instance name you chose at installation. (that's the database file) and the user name and password you chose at installation.

They are all questions you must answer as you install SQL Server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
o ok when i had to creat that database file with the username and password?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The database "file" is an MDB in the system directories. The default one is usually %hostname%\SQLEXPRESS (where %hostname% is the NetBIOS \ NT LAN Manager name of the PC you install to) but you can change it when you install MS SQL Server. The default access is NT authentication, but you are given the option to allow SQL authentication (which you must do if PT is ever going to be able to use it outside ODBC) and provide a user name and password. The default user name is "sa" but you can change it, and there is no default for the password which you must provide before continuing.

If you didn't, you probably left the default NT authentication. In which case, you need to use the "Administrator" account details for your PC.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
still not going anywhere but why is my SQL server agent stopped and i cant put it back on is that y i cant connect?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by "SQL server agent"?

The service should always be "Started" and set to "Automatic" or you will not be able to connect. (in case that is what you mean)
pWeEV - Priston Tale in Windows 7! - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You can also check in your "SQL Server Configuration Manager"...

lucashz - Priston Tale in Windows 7! - RaGEZONE Forums

...It will also tell you what's running and what's not.

Back