Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

RYL Website

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
To kick off me deciding to work on and develop an RYL Server, and eventually open one. I've decided to create a brand spanking new website.

I am actually a web developer by trait and have lot's of experience in the topic, I've coded many websites. I currently have 3 other web related projects going on right now.

It'll have all the common functionality, plus more that is specific for my server.

Here's is a sneak peak preview into it's early stages of development :). I'm going to eventually replace the background image to a more high res image....

Hope you guys like it.

site - RYL Website - RaGEZONE Forums

Just finished the homepage design, here's a preview.

View attachment 142377

I competed some functionality coding for the homepage last night.
1) The Top 10 Rankings for both Fame & Level now pulls direct from the database.
2) Login now logs the user in, if that user exists in the youxiuser db.
3) Admin Panel
4) News adding, editing, deleting.
5) Added news display to home page, and full article display page.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nice there..hope you will finish and release soon~

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just finished the homepage design, here's a preview.

web - RYL Website - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Moooooooooooooooo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It looks like it's made for a 1024 resolution screen.

You should spread it out a bit, break from the old design.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It looks like it's made for a 1024 resolution screen.

You should spread it out a bit, break from the old design.
It's designed for a screen with 1000px(for the menu) and 950px for the content inside the Menu limits.

Later on in the site's development, I might code css break points for larger screens to allow more spacing between left, middle, and right sides of the main body.

On a side note... I competed some functionality coding for the homepage last night.
1) The Top 10 Rankings for both Fame & Level now pulls direct from the database.

Last edited:
Moooooooooooooooo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's designed for a screen with 1000px(for the menu) and 950px for the content inside the Menu limits.

Later on in the site's development, I might code css break points for larger screens to allow more spacing between left, middle, and right sides of the main body.

On a side note... I competed some functionality coding for the homepage last night.

I think you missed the point. Why would you make it so thin when the average monitor is 1680 - 1920 in todays world.
For example youtube, which has a static with is even 1235 with you being almost 25% less.
If you plan on having text/post based content in the middle you could easily make it size to the user window size (look at news.google.com for example).

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Update
So I've been working on an intensive Admin Control Panel for this site, as well as a User Panel where users can view their information and characters.

After developing an Inventory Editor and finding out that it's useless because editing the inventory requires the server to restart, in a nut shell, I decided to salvage part of the project.

I'm working on a Character Equipment display. Basically it displays the characters equipment like it would in game, shows the item information on hover, etc...
Right now I have it implemented to display for the users characters only, but I have a more useful plan for the feature that I'll tell you about when I get to it.

Moooooooooooooooo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Update
So I've been working on an intensive Admin Control Panel for this site, as well as a User Panel where users can view their information and characters.

After developing an Inventory Editor and finding out that it's useless because editing the inventory requires the server to restart, in a nut shell, I decided to salvage part of the project.

I'm working on a Character Equipment display. Basically it displays the characters equipment like it would in game, shows the item information on hover, etc...
Right now I have it implemented to display for the users characters only, but I have a more useful plan for the feature that I'll tell you about when I get to it.

I've run into the 'cannot edit eq while server is running' part myself with rSec. Basically i made a donation bot which is a real character, emulated by rSec. The character sits in a corner and when a player comes and talks to it, it looks up if a table has some data for the player, if it has, it walks away, logs off, admintool server is contacted and the item is put into the characters bag, the character logs back into the game and walks back and now when the player trades it, he will get the item via trade.
Can't really remember how far i got with it, i think it had some bugs where the ryl server didn't respond etc but overall, it was possible to do that.

Also, since ROW i believe is a table which the game itself checks, it can contain items which can be spawned with createitem (simple items and random EQ with a base grade).

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've run into the 'cannot edit eq while server is running' part myself with rSec. Basically i made a donation bot which is a real character, emulated by rSec. The character sits in a corner and when a player comes and talks to it, it looks up if a table has some data for the player, if it has, it walks away, logs off, admintool server is contacted and the item is put into the characters bag, the character logs back into the game and walks back and now when the player trades it, he will get the item via trade.
Can't really remember how far i got with it, i think it had some bugs where the ryl server didn't respond etc but overall, it was possible to do that.

Also, since ROW i believe is a table which the game itself checks, it can contain items which can be spawned with createitem (simple items and random EQ with a base grade).
Hmmm that sounds really cool actually, but at that point wouldn't it be more efficient to just create a Medal Shop and sell medals via the site? My main goal for the inventory editor was to create an Item Donation Mall on the website where the items were added automatically, after purchase of the item, to the players inventory. I'm still curious if it would be possible to send some kind of command that saved and reset the stored information, so that every time that command is called it displays added items...

Might be a possible application for ROW, like you said then..

I guess for now, I'll stick to the item viewer... Nearly complete just need to add functionality for switching between main and secondary weapons and shield, as well as shirt, tunic, and chest. Oh, and if I find the time figure out how the Item Grade Calculation works... For now it just doesn't display the item or stat grades.

Moooooooooooooooo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hmmm that sounds really cool actually, but at that point wouldn't it be more efficient to just create a Medal Shop and sell medals via the site? My main goal for the inventory editor was to create an Item Donation Mall on the website where the items were added automatically, after purchase of the item, to the players inventory. I'm still curious if it would be possible to send some kind of command that saved and reset the stored information, so that every time that command is called it displays added items...

Might be a possible application for ROW, like you said then..

I guess for now, I'll stick to the item viewer... Nearly complete just need to add functionality for switching between main and secondary weapons and shield, as well as shirt, tunic, and chest. Oh, and if I find the time figure out how the Item Grade Calculation works... For now it just doesn't display the item or stat grades.

The plan wasn't actually to make a cash shop, it was just to add a fancy bot into the game :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

what you could do while server running is.

1. player create character and leave the game (after created do not enter the game) in that case server won't cache that charecter
2. auto insert something to that char , in my case is gold cos item have to insert by binary and i cannot get it all done
3. enter game with that char

thats auto add when server running.

Moooooooooooooooo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
what you could do while server running is.

1. player create character and leave the game (after created do not enter the game) in that case server won't cache that charecter
2. auto insert something to that char , in my case is gold cos item have to insert by binary and i cannot get it all done
3. enter game with that char

thats auto add when server running.

That is all assuming the character is not cached, as you mentioned, a new character.
Sadly, most people who want to buy stuff from a shop are NOT new.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That is all assuming the character is not cached, as you mentioned, a new character.
Sadly, most people who want to buy stuff from a shop are NOT new.

yes, so u need 1 slot free.

Alpha ,do u have any idea if i wanna auto add item to the char , i know its binary but i can't get all cod done.

im not sure its "position/item/qty"

what if i wanna put 2003 100ea to new char , how could i done it.

any hint?

Moooooooooooooooo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
yes, so u need 1 slot free.

Alpha ,do u have any idea if i wanna auto add item to the char , i know its binary but i can't get all cod done.

im not sure its "position/item/qty"

what if i wanna put 2003 100ea to new char , how could i done it.

any hint?

Very simple.
Make a new char, add the items into your inventory. Log off. Stop server. Copy-pasta from SQL using your CID. You can use string to hex and such SP's to see binary data in sql. But that goes into the SQL department and you can find all in the manuals.

Back