Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Working with SkillScriptEx

nfi

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There are some vague remarks about how to deal with SkillScriptEx, but I never seen proper steps to get it going, so I thought about sharing what I discovered.

SkillScriptEx is actually a LUA file that can be compiled and decompiled. It is rather straight forward but it needs some external tools. The file itself is used in game for skill descriptions. It has a relation with skillscript.txt, but you will see for yourself.

Download java from since it is required. After that grab the files in View attachment SKILLSCRIPTEX.7z. Copy them both to the java installation directory (in my case: "x:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_181\bin"). The skillscript.gsf and txt included in the package are a copy of the latest ROWPLAYON. I believe the client 1010 has the same file, so it was never updated.

A simple way to get it going is to use the following bat files. I created a "compile" and "decompile" file, which enables me to 1-click both processes. You have to change the paths, so match them with your client gsf and server txt. On server it is not required to have it in the \Scripts folder, but I put it there for easy use.

Compile file:
Code:
@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_181\bin\luac.exe" -o "d:\dev\RYL\src\Game\Language\ENG\SkillScriptEx.gsf" "d:\dev\RYL\src\Server\Executable\Release\Script\Game\SkillScriptEx.txt"

Decompile file:
Code:
@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_181\bin\java.exe" -jar "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_181\bin\unluac.jar" "c:\Program Files (x86)\YouxiLand\ROW\Language\ENG\SkillScriptEx.gsf" > "d:\dev\RYL\src\Server\Executable\Release\Script\Game\SkillScriptEx.txt"

There is some junk data when doing a decompile of a skillscriptex.gsf but that can easily be fixed by opening the output file. There is some at the abilities (recognised by long strings of \192\218\189\197\192\199). I reckon it is probably some korean characters, but never looked into it. When you want to use that specific ability, it is probably wise to change it before compiling/usage. It is not required too, since you can still compile it fine. The function at the beginning of the file has some "nil, nil" too which can be deleted.

That is all - enjoy your skill descriptions!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I started to try this that our friend nfi showed us and I took the trouble to do a step by step with images so that it is understood a little better. It worked for me perfectly. I leave you links so that you can download the images of the procedure. Greetings.

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

MEGA:

MEDIAFIRE:

BOX:

DROPBOX:

DRIVE:

ILUSTRATIVE IMAGE:

nfi - Working with SkillScriptEx - RaGEZONE Forums

nfi - Working with SkillScriptEx - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:

nfi

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wasn't that hard to do right? You should really use Sublime or Notepad++ for editing these files. It is way easier, especially with syntax highlighting.

Back