Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

rylCoder 2.7.0

MorbidA
Reaction score
Re: [release] rylCoder 2.7.0

Means your xml file is wrong.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hey man... I was looking around the code of this one and i noticed, no ryl1 itemscript gsf structure is included. woooahhhh, sooo... i started to write a new one and tryed to support client and server itemscript -- about 30 minutes later (as i was concluding the xml) i realized... hey wait a minute, this isnt going to work at all.
it seems that ryl1's server requires different than the client does. well -- not exactly, but the fact that the client can support columns that if you tried to throw into the server it just.... well.... wouldnt work. so i was thinking, maybe we could make a structure for the client gsf, and a output button that would convert the current gsf to server structure and in txt format.

I personally dont mind if you decide to go forward with this idea -- just saying.
I could probably figure it out but im just learning to program.
Its easy by hand, but this would make it EVEN easier. I can provide both clean structures with some time.

all ryl1 structures was released here not long ago so why write them again? unless you take it as learning..

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

the structures released here are not clean. the columns arnt in order, the columns are named differently than they should be, yes, they do "work" but they could be better.

and i was thinking of a structure that could somehow do client and server scripts at the same time.

and yes id rather write them myself so i dont feel like a leecher like 99% of everyone else.

MorbidA
Reaction score

the structures released here are not clean. the columns arnt in order, the columns are named differently than they should be, yes, they do "work" but they could be better.

and i was thinking of a structure that could somehow do client and server scripts at the same time.

and yes id rather write them myself so i dont feel like a leecher like 99% of everyone else.

Well get to it then. This is what I and im sure others have done previously to get 100% 1:1 files in the past.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

I am in spare time.
right now im trying to figure out how i can implement a converter button into rylcoder that will output it using a differnt structure and into txt, that would be a bigger accomplishment for me, i'd rather waste my time learning to program than writing new structures , if i ever figure it out ill release it

Moooooooooooooooo
Reaction score

so you have already the gsf file. question - what is this file? and you want to use that file to get info to create 2 different text files, one for client and the other for server.

seriously, clean up your head on what the gsf file is.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

so you have already the gsf file. question - what is this file? and you want to use that file to get info to create 2 different text files, one for client and the other for server.

seriously, clean up your head on what the gsf file is.

yeah its kind of a 1:1 relationship at the moment. To do what your saying you would need to change rylCoder to have 2 struct files 1 for the clientside and 1 for the server side with two script tabs one for each struct.

The public struct that was released is really for the client side, however most of it does work for the server side. The only structs that are diff for the server side afik are the chemical and itemscripts.

Theres no gigantic changes between the other scripts (client to server wise). Usually the problems are so small that they can be fixed by hand

Also there is nothing stopping u from copying rylCoder or copying the struct file so that you have two versions one for client scripts and one for server scripts

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

thats what i Ducking trying to say in the first place.
1st. you have client structure--
that structure opens your gsf
2nd hidden inside of rylcoder is a another structure,
which is the structure that will be used for outputting into txt
(serverside)

does it not sound simple?

where did u get the conclusion that i dont know what a gsf file is alpha, i dont think u know what your talking about.

yes we could just have 2 different rylcoders with different structures, but what im saying would make it easier, would it not...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

(serverside)

where did u get the conclusion that i dont know what a gsf file is alpha, i dont think u know what your talking about.

yes we could just have 2 different rylcoders with different structures, but what im saying would make it easier, would it not...

not really, because there is a structure inside rylCoder already that it defaults too when there is not present in the folder

any way you slice it you would need 2 different structs. You could insert the server side struct and recompile it and add client gsfstruct.xml when you want but thats still two structs.
The problem with having any structure compiled in is that ryl struct never stay the same, they are always changing from ver to ver.

An easy solution to all this would be to modify the xml struct with tags for scriptType=client/server that way both structs can exist in one file. The other harder part would be outputting it to another script tab in rylcoder

wise man once said, lot of work for not much payoff ^^

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

"Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow"

caused by XML?

do you have good XML file that can share off?

Moooooooooooooooo
Reaction score

(serverside)

the gsf file IS the client version. why do you want to convert it to text format? i dont really get it.

as you may know then stealthy posted the original converters here which take the server side text table and a image as input and converts it to the client version.
When i started to reverse engineer the gsf file i realized that no information has been cut down. As you know then the client doesnt need all the info the server has (moster proto - all the mob attributes), but as gama does his soft, everything is inside.
what rylCoder does - it is trying to reverse the client version to the readable server version. Why exactly server version? Because we dont need a third format and its bothways comtabile.

So if you are trying to create a third version of these tables/scripts then your just too weak to go thru all the mess to create a structure that would convert the client version into the server version.

Look at skillscript, chemical, script1, specialComp - did i create a third version?
Monster proto, itemscript have never been released as "fully" completed.

:bad:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

so that's meant we can never convert the RYL 2 itemscript.gsf to text file and conver it back successfully ?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

you can using rylcoder and a proper structure

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

StealthyXor, do you have proper structure that i can download?

thanks.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

It was included with the last source release.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

lol gut, --there already is a server gsf structure meaning all i was saying was, there would be a button that would instantly replace the current structure (client gsf) which the servers structure so you could more easily have 1-1

its okay, no need to fight, just a waste of breath it takes like a minute to do it manually.

Moooooooooooooooo
Reaction score

lol gut, --there already is a server gsf structure meaning all i was saying was, there would be a button that would instantly replace the current structure (client gsf) which the servers structure so you could more easily have 1-1

its okay, no need to fight, just a waste of breath it takes like a minute to do it manually.

do what manually?

if you are talking about monster proto and itemscript rylCoder view then know that those structures are imprefect. fix those and u wont need any "button" to remove/add/calculate or w/e data.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

ohh myyy, i give up **fires awp at own face**

doesnt matter.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

the gsf file IS the client version. why do you want to convert it to text format? i dont really get it.

as you may know then stealthy posted the original converters here which take the server side text table and a image as input and converts it to the client version.
When i started to reverse engineer the gsf file i realized that no information has been cut down. As you know then the client doesnt need all the info the server has (moster proto - all the mob attributes), but as gama does his soft, everything is inside.
what rylCoder does - it is trying to reverse the client version to the readable server version. Why exactly server version? Because we dont need a third format and its bothways comtabile.

So if you are trying to create a third version of these tables/scripts then your just too weak to go thru all the mess to create a structure that would convert the client version into the server version.

Look at skillscript, chemical, script1, specialComp - did i create a third version?
Monster proto, itemscript have never been released as "fully" completed.

:bad:

k i have a few questions.

1) First being that in the many years of using ryl i've never looked into specialcomp it looks just like item id's what the heck is it for?

2) MineralVein i know there is a thread about it, the official compilers use a .txt input is this actually a picture inside a picture? or is it a txt file thats used to make a picture?

3) BGMScript.txt (server side) is this a unencrypted version of the SafteyZone bgm files?

Second as in several other posts about the structure. For example below are two scripts one is for the server side which takes a specific .txt input structure and errors if it doesn't get that exact structure, and then a decode of the .gsf file. Whether or not the other columns are actually in the .gsf file i don't know (never checked it out)

Server Chemical.txt
alphaest - rylCoder 2.7.0 - RaGEZONE Forums

Client Chemical.gsf
alphaest - rylCoder 2.7.0 - RaGEZONE Forums

Back