Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

rylCoder 2.7.0

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Re: [release] rylCoder 2.7.0

Aye that's true, we'll see.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

didnt u read what i said?

if u download VS2008 (which u would need to do anyway for recompiling) you will get all the needed library's to run the pre-built assembly which has already been uploaded to rapid by PeKa.
nice................. that running alpha......... thx............... but in NpcEditor not show the picture of item...... but name of item.......

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

wow this is a Ducking joke.

now everything ive been coding by hand looks like a piece of poop.

wait.... did u include quest support? Well... I'll check myself.

Well.... not like it matters for quest, unless u wanna keep the old crappy quests.

ps. doing it by hand is easier. i think atleast.

Errors when trying to load ryl1 itemscript. meh.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

and they do with rylCoder?
but there are few who do know how to use it or have enough intelligency to figure out, you never know :)

I digg the hack file works great :)

I started working on a GSF Editor.... I guess for people who don't have excel installed or if you want to edit a script fast it seems pretty handy. Haven't finished it yet though

alphaest - rylCoder 2.7.0 - RaGEZONE Forums

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

nice share.
and at least we didn't get rick rolled this time

Moooooooooooooooo
Reaction score

nice................. that running alpha......... thx............... but in NpcEditor not show the picture of item...... but name of item.......
Thats becose the shop page on npc editor works in 2 modes:
1. the old list one
2. the new one like on the screenshot

The new features will be enabled ONLY if u have a valid ryl folder set from options because i havent included ryl designs in the coder, that would be a direct violation of their copyright.

wow this is a Ducking joke.

now everything ive been coding by hand looks like a piece of poop.

wait.... did u include quest support? Well... I'll check myself.

Well.... not like it matters for quest, unless u wanna keep the old crappy quests.

ps. doing it by hand is easier. i think atleast.

Errors when trying to load ryl1 itemscript. meh.
Well now you can go ahead and mod rylCoder cose its very unlikely its going to be another one.
And yes, ryl 1 quests are supported in this release. That happened cose i was able to crack the last bit of information in mcf files. Also if you wish you can make new quests or even some cross references - e.g. quest aldia111 calls out another function("quest") that has some common calls in it which will be used in multiple quests.
And doing what by hand is easier? Edit ryl 1 quests?

I digg the hack file works great :)

I started working on a GSF Editor.... I guess for people who don't have excel installed or if you want to edit a script fast it seems pretty handy. Haven't finished it yet though

alphaest - rylCoder 2.7.0 - RaGEZONE Forums
The reason i havent included a grid in there is simple - its just too much work and it doesnt pay off. Excel is just too powerful to be ignored in a table environment. And for fast editing - F3, search, edit, save.
Wanna see you implement the basic needs of a grid:
1. row addition
2. row deletion
3. row copy
4. multi-row copy
5. multi-cell copy

Good luck with that :)

nice share.
and at least we didn't get rick rolled this time
Your welcome :)
But never know... easter eggs can still be found :p

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

yea quest scriptting is easier by hand i think

aslong as you have all pof the functions memorized ect. faster than using your coder to click add new phase, select the phase, ect :p

Great work tho alpha.
I've been taking some programming classes in school and I'm gonna try to edit your prog and maybe add some new features, well since it already decodes the files it should be easy.

Moooooooooooooooo
Reaction score

ah that quest editing.

yeah ofcourse. I made that QuestEditor page for the initial releases, where the ScriptEditor page was disabled.

One thing it is good for tho - target locations on the map. Aint really easy to calculate the cordinates all the time by hand.
Open quest script, select quest, last page in quest editor and click on the location icon(green cross) which will open the map. Right click, add/remove etc, click & drag for changing.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

just compile it, and u good to go.

Moooooooooooooooo
Reaction score

visual studio 2008

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

where to download GSF editor for RYL 2? rylCoder cannot open RYL2 GSF files

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

anyone has the full compiled version? I had installed the VC, but still cannot open the RYL2 GSF files.

MorbidA
Reaction score

So you finally decided to release this heh.. Im gonna cry i don't have exclusive rights to this anymore :(

Good share :)

Moooooooooooooooo
Reaction score

So you finally decided to release this heh.. Im gonna cry i don't have exclusive rights to this anymore :(

Good share :)

tee-hee-hee-hee

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Hey man... I was looking around the code of this one and i noticed, no ryl1 itemscript gsf structure is included. woooahhhh, sooo... i started to write a new one and tryed to support client and server itemscript -- about 30 minutes later (as i was concluding the xml) i realized... hey wait a minute, this isnt going to work at all.
it seems that ryl1's server requires different than the client does. well -- not exactly, but the fact that the client can support columns that if you tried to throw into the server it just.... well.... wouldnt work. so i was thinking, maybe we could make a structure for the client gsf, and a output button that would convert the current gsf to server structure and in txt format.

I personally dont mind if you decide to go forward with this idea -- just saying.
I could probably figure it out but im just learning to program.
Its easy by hand, but this would make it EVEN easier. I can provide both clean structures with some time.

Moooooooooooooooo
Reaction score

Hey man... I was looking around the code of this one and i noticed, no ryl1 itemscript gsf structure is included. woooahhhh, sooo... i started to write a new one and tryed to support client and server itemscript -- about 30 minutes later (as i was concluding the xml) i realized... hey wait a minute, this isnt going to work at all.
it seems that ryl1's server requires different than the client does. well -- not exactly, but the fact that the client can support columns that if you tried to throw into the server it just.... well.... wouldnt work. so i was thinking, maybe we could make a structure for the client gsf, and a output button that would convert the current gsf to server structure and in txt format.

I personally dont mind if you decide to go forward with this idea -- just saying.
I could probably figure it out but im just learning to program.
Its easy by hand, but this would make it EVEN easier. I can provide both clean structures with some time.

well ofc the client is different, the gsfStructure.xml doesnt support shitloads of functionality just for fun. Client file has more columns - agree, the columns are positioned differently - agree, some content is even replaced with other crap - agree, some do some strange loops - agree.
And thats excactly why i have such things as default values for columns, hidden columns, value calculations, replacements, loop controllers (skillscript) and column ordering.

1. no extra info is manually added to gsf files when converting from txt - cose they just use a compiler and no manual work.
2. gsf->txt perfect decompile is possible - because gama doesnt cut out info for some reason.

Look thru all the commands available for you and then start working on the structure using those.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

when i open then itemscript.gsf, it show this error

"Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow"

what does it mean? how to solve it?

Back