Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: rylCoder 2.7.0

Rank
    Alpha Male

Re: [release] rylCoder 2.7.0

Quote Originally Posted by oskdemon View Post
    and i was thinking of a structure that could somehow do client and server scripts at the same time.
    so you have already the gsf file. question - what is this file? and you want to use that file to get info to create 2 different text files, one for client and the other for server.

seriously, clean up your head on what the gsf file is.

Bawitdaba

Rank
    True Member

Quote Originally Posted by alphaest View Post
    so you have already the gsf file. question - what is this file? and you want to use that file to get info to create 2 different text files, one for client and the other for server.

seriously, clean up your head on what the gsf file is.
    yeah its kind of a 1:1 relationship at the moment. To do what your saying you would need to change rylCoder to have 2 struct files 1 for the clientside and 1 for the server side with two script tabs one for each struct.

The public struct that was released is really for the client side, however most of it does work for the server side. The only structs that are diff for the server side afik are the chemical and itemscripts.

Theres no gigantic changes between the other scripts (client to server wise). Usually the problems are so small that they can be fixed by hand

Also there is nothing stopping u from copying rylCoder or copying the struct file so that you have two versions one for client scripts and one for server scripts

Rank
    True Member

thats what i fucking trying to say in the first place.
    1st. you have client structure--
    that structure opens your gsf
    2nd hidden inside of rylcoder is a another structure,
    which is the structure that will be used for outputting into txt
    (serverside)

does it not sound simple?

where did u get the conclusion that i dont know what a gsf file is alpha, i dont think u know what your talking about.

yes we could just have 2 different rylcoders with different structures, but what im saying would make it easier, would it not...
    rawr

Bawitdaba

Rank
    True Member

(serverside)

where did u get the conclusion that i dont know what a gsf file is alpha, i dont think u know what your talking about.

yes we could just have 2 different rylcoders with different structures, but what im saying would make it easier, would it not...
    not really, because there is a structure inside rylCoder already that it defaults too when there is not present in the folder

any way you slice it you would need 2 different structs. You could insert the server side struct and recompile it and add client gsfstruct.xml when you want but thats still two structs.
    The problem with having any structure compiled in is that ryl struct never stay the same, they are always changing from ver to ver.

An easy solution to all this would be to modify the xml struct with tags for scriptType=client/server that way both structs can exist in one file. The other harder part would be outputting it to another script tab in rylcoder

wise man once said, lot of work for not much payoff ^^

Rank

"Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow"

caused by XML?

do you have good XML file that can share off?

Rank
    True Member

>.< lol?
    rawr

Rank
    Alpha Male

(serverside)

the gsf file IS the client version. why do you want to convert it to text format? i dont really get it.

as you may know then stealthy posted the original converters here which take the server side text table and a image as input and converts it to the client version.
    When i started to reverse engineer the gsf file i realized that no information has been cut down. As you know then the client doesnt need all the info the server has (moster proto - all the mob attributes), but as gama does his soft, everything is inside.
    what rylCoder does - it is trying to reverse the client version to the readable server version. Why exactly server version? Because we dont need a third format and its bothways comtabile.

So if you are trying to create a third version of these tables/scripts then your just too weak to go thru all the mess to create a structure that would convert the client version into the server version.

Look at skillscript, chemical, script1, specialComp - did i create a third version?
    Monster proto, itemscript have never been released as "fully" completed.

:bad:

Rank

so that's meant we can never convert the RYL 2 itemscript.gsf to text file and conver it back successfully ?

Banned

Rank
    Banned

you can using rylcoder and a proper structure

Rank

StealthyXor, do you have proper structure that i can download?

thanks.

Banned

Rank
    Banned

It was included with the last source release.

Rank
    True Member

lol gut, --there already is a server gsf structure meaning all i was saying was, there would be a button that would instantly replace the current structure (client gsf) which the servers structure so you could more easily have 1-1

its okay, no need to fight, just a waste of breath it takes like a minute to do it manually.
    rawr

Rank
    Alpha Male

lol gut, --there already is a server gsf structure meaning all i was saying was, there would be a button that would instantly replace the current structure (client gsf) which the servers structure so you could more easily have 1-1

its okay, no need to fight, just a waste of breath it takes like a minute to do it manually.
    do what manually?

if you are talking about monster proto and itemscript rylCoder view then know that those structures are imprefect. fix those and u wont need any "button" to remove/add/calculate or w/e data.

Rank
    True Member

ohh myyy, i give up **fires awp at own face**

doesnt matter.
    rawr

Bawitdaba

Rank
    True Member

Quote Originally Posted by alphaest View Post
    the gsf file IS the client version. why do you want to convert it to text format? i dont really get it.

as you may know then stealthy posted the original converters here which take the server side text table and a image as input and converts it to the client version.
    When i started to reverse engineer the gsf file i realized that no information has been cut down. As you know then the client doesnt need all the info the server has (moster proto - all the mob attributes), but as gama does his soft, everything is inside.
    what rylCoder does - it is trying to reverse the client version to the readable server version. Why exactly server version? Because we dont need a third format and its bothways comtabile.

So if you are trying to create a third version of these tables/scripts then your just too weak to go thru all the mess to create a structure that would convert the client version into the server version.

Look at skillscript, chemical, script1, specialComp - did i create a third version?
    Monster proto, itemscript have never been released as "fully" completed.

:bad:
    k i have a few questions.

1) First being that in the many years of using ryl i've never looked into specialcomp it looks just like item id's what the heck is it for?

2) MineralVein i know there is a thread about it, the official compilers use a .txt input is this actually a picture inside a picture? or is it a txt file thats used to make a picture?

3) BGMScript.txt (server side) is this a unencrypted version of the SafteyZone bgm files?

Second as in several other posts about the structure. For example below are two scripts one is for the server side which takes a specific .txt input structure and errors if it doesn't get that exact structure, and then a decode of the .gsf file. Whether or not the other columns are actually in the .gsf file i don't know (never checked it out)

Server Chemical.txt
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Client Chemical.gsf
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]