Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

BanMap temporary stat.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello!

Among all of the temporary stat enums, BanMap is the only one I've never really understood.
Part of me thought I had it wrong, since I took it from the v95 leak (I'm working on v83), but I noticed it's also included in the latest Eric 's release, so that shouldn't be the case.

Do you guys know what it's used for? The only thing I can relate "map ban" to are the bot-catching monsters, though I can't see how a buff mask would be of any use with that.

Thanks c:

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
When you give a debuff to a player, the client sends USER_TEMPORARY_STAT_UPDATE_REQUEST packet after the effect's duration ends. Then, a player will be expelled from a map on the server side right after it received the request. (which means, they just use it as a timer for the BanMap (MobSkill 129)... or at least I guess so)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh, I see. So should be actually linked to the banish skill, interesting.
It kind of felt like an unnecessary use of a buff mask for something that, in the end, is just a delayed warp, but I guess they used to do it like this.

Thank you! c:

Upvote 0
Back