Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to block old client

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this private server. I need help on how to block old clients. I released a some clients to fix some bugs (probably around 3). But people don't read News or Update so they keep using the old clients to log in which create deadlocks and crash the server. So how do I block the old client forcing the players to use the new one? Also, how do I lower the mob respawn rate (mob respawn quicker). I'm using HeavenMS source.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
What exactly was this bug that you fixed? I can't begin to fathom how using an outdated client would cause problems and not be easily detected.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, my server was unstable. Mob would stop spawning, skill won't disappear and people would get stuck and can't log back in. I asked a friend of mine to take a look. He said that it was because the client and server had info not matching up or something creating a deadlock. He fixed it for me and released a new client. The server ran smooth after that. Then, I release another client to fix window 8 and window 10 parameter error. But recently the problem has came back, I went around asking if anyone was using the old client and some players said they were. Some players don't read the New or join our discord. Thats why I want to block the old client from connecting but I don't know how cause I have limited knowledge on that field.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, my server was unstable. Mob would stop spawning, skill won't disappear and people would get stuck and can't log back in. I asked a friend of mine to take a look. He said that it was because the client and server had info not matching up or something creating a deadlock. He fixed it for me and released a new client. The server ran smooth after that. Then, I release another client to fix window 8 and window 10 parameter error. But recently the problem has came back, I went around asking if anyone was using the old client and some players said they were. Some players don't read the New or join our discord. Thats why I want to block the old client from connecting but I don't know how cause I have limited knowledge on that field.

your client couldn't possibly be the cause of server backend deadlocking. as for the parameter error, that is from the client (not really) and could be fixed with an update. in regards to making it so that users could only execute newer clients, you could make it so that they can't run the server with the old ones. for example, you could modify the version, the region, or even the encryption of the client for it to throw an error at client launch stating "the client is outdated", and then maybe they'd think to download the latest version. however, you'd have to know how/where to change those values in the client.

Upvote 0
Back