Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Can't get past character screen on Solaxia

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I set up the server and everything seems to be working, but I just can't get past the character screen..

First of all, the problems start with trying to connect on a localhost.
When I've hex edited it, it doesn't connect at all. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong with the hex editing.
When I haven't hex edited the localhost and it's on a default 127.0.0.1, it does connect, but then I get the following problem:

I can make a character and everything, it even shows up in the db so I don't think it's because of mysql.
But after I enter the pin, my character keeps walking on the character select screen and nothing happens.

I've tried other servers as well, and it doesn't work on those either.
I think there's something wrong with my ip address or something, since I'm entering it in the config file and in the netbeans project in other sources but I always get this exact problem of not being able to get past the character screen.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Some development happened:
Apparently if I set my server's ip to 127.0.0.1, a localhost client that connects to 127.0.0.1 can connect to the server and get in-game.
However, if the server is set to my ip, a localhost client that connects to 127.0.0.1 can connect but can't get past the character selection screen. (My original problem.)
And a client that is hex edited to connect to my ip is completely unable to connect to any server I put up.

I have port-forwarded all ports, and I've tried hosting a Terraria server instead to make sure the problem lies with MapleStory.
My friend could connect to my Terraria server.

So what I take from these things is the following:
1. The server's ip in the constants or in your config needs to be the same ip your client connects to.
2. For some reason, I can't connect with a hex-edited client even though I've port-forwarded, and the problem only lies with MapleStory private servers since it works fine with other games.

Okay, I didn't manage to fix it but I have some more information on the case:
My friend can actually connect to my server, but I can't.

The problem is that I can't connect to my own ip address because my router doesn't have NAT loopback apparently.
Other people trying to host servers for different kinds of games such as WoW for example have had this problem in the past as well, but it wasn't fixed by anything except replacing their router.
The reason I can host to other people is simply because my ports are forwarded, and because they're connecting from a WAN ip.
I'm connecting to a LAN ip to my WAN ip which doesn't work without a NAT loopback, so I can't connect to my own server.

What it comes down to is that:
If I try to use a localhost (internal ip) client to connect to my own server, I can do it even when the server is set on my external ip (what others connect to) but I can't get past the character selection. With a hex-edited client that is set to my external ip I can't connect to my own server. But others with a hex-edited client that is set to my external ip can actually connect.

If the server is set to a localhost ip, I can connect with a localhost client and get past the character selection. But if it's set to a localhost ip, that means that other people won't be able to connect to my server.

So it's either a server where everyone else can't even connect, or a server where everyone else can play but I can't get past the character selection.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm a similar issue where I can't get past char select. Anyone have something for me ?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Although unlikely, try disable the firewall and open the used ports

Upvote 0
Back