Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

"Error: Could not find or load main class server.Start"

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
zeldasmokes - "Error: Could not find or load main class server.Start" - RaGEZONE Forums
zeldasmokes - "Error: Could not find or load main class server.Start" - RaGEZONE Forums

i recently changed out my mb, and encountered this error trying to run my server, after trying everything i could think of, i decided to basically install fresh with this guide

http://forum.ragezone.com/f428/maplestory-private-server-v142-video-999819/

as i felt it's probably closest to whatever i had before, so it would hopefully not be to much trouble carrying over all my old work once it was up and going.

but after even doing everything from the begging a few times i still get the same error.
My next guess was possibly the launch.bat is pointing to the wrong version of the jdk, but i don't even know since i would think the .bat shouldn't need any editing? idk...

plz help T.T

I've tried both netbeans and eclipse and am going a bit crazy ;3
i can any other needed screens or info if would help narrow the problem down meow.
ty for reading.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Think you're suppose to compile/build the src in netbeans then get the .jar file into your dist folder.

I don't really understand how it all works but pretty sure your start.bat requires that .jar file in order to start the server.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: "Error: Could not find or load main class server.Start"

i have made jar files that are built with my src and scripts folders, i put created jar in dist, but still same error.

showing some filelocations, that all look how it's supposed to happen?
i noticed the "classes" folder with the server start that's probably mentioned in the error, but the guide says nothing about moving them over.

Is it just showing structure of the jar that i place in dist?
or dis i mess up something?
do i need lib inside my dist in my source?

started over again on v62 and i get

java.io.FileNotFoundException: db.properties

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well java.io.FileNotFoundException: db.properties

your prop file containing the sql details is missing

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well java.io.FileNotFoundException: db.properties

your prop file containing the sql details is missing

actually been working my butt off, and i eliminated almost every error, here is where i'm at.

Sadly i'm stuck again, i solved the previous error that was like this one by going into my code, and writing out the whole location where i saw "db.proporties"
just changed it to say "C:\XiuzSource\db.proporties" instead, but i can't find such a thing for channel.proporties in my code T.T

any ideas?

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Looking at the video tutorial, channel.properties is supposed to be in the Ourstory v142 source folder (it's a file that's actually part of the server source). You can see it being extracted, along with other files, at 7:57, and then actually edited at 22:02.

You should be able to find it there.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi meow, ty for the reply, i had actually just passed it, my current only error is this.

Upvote 0
Back