Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Getting onto Server (Vertisy Source)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello! I've been trying to get into the server outside of localhost (Since I can get in through localhost perfectly fine), but once I enter my PIC, I get kicked onto the login screen with the message "Cannot connect to the game server"

I'm using the source "Vertisy" from the following link:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f427/merry-christmas-2017-vertisy-v90-1142671/

From past experience, I assumed this was caused by a port not being open, but the ports 8484, 7575 are opened along with the extra ones I guessed: 1200 and 1111 (Not sure what these are), is there something else I haven't tried that could be a possibility?

This is what my config file currently looks like, ServerConstants was similar; basically nothing touched:
Modify - Getting onto Server (Vertisy Source) - RaGEZONE Forums

From trial and error, the most I could get it to do is show worlds and the characters. If I tried changing anything to server IP, the world would stop showing all together. Thanks in advance!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well this could be a few things but since you are bringing ports into this which could be the problem, try checking the source to see if the ports run from 8484 etc. This is because some people prefer to have different ports to be loaded to load their game. Personally I change mine because some things use the port 8484 on my computer so having two things run 8484 would cause one not to work.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply!

I only brought up ports since that's the only thing I could think of. No errors appear on the console unfortunately when I get kicked to the login server

I checked the source (LoginServer, ChannelServer, ServerConstants) and it seems to be only using those ports; 8484, 7575 (+ channels), 1200, 1111

I made sure the ports were actually opened
Modify - Getting onto Server (Vertisy Source) - RaGEZONE Forums

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Make sure the HOST ip in server config is correct since you mentioned it works fine locally.

Either an error occurred on connection(Would show in login or channel most likely), host ip is wrong, port isn't forwarded. And always good to review a few times each one incase you missed something.

Also since you say you're able to go fully into char select seems your login > center > world > channel is fine.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Make sure the HOST ip in server config is correct since you mentioned it works fine locally.

Either an error occurred on connection(Would show in login or channel most likely), host ip is wrong, port isn't forwarded. And always good to review a few times each one incase you missed something.

Also since you say you're able to go fully into char select seems your login > center > world > channel is fine.

I only get an error when I change the host IP to the IP of the machine, I get the following:

Am I only suppose to change the host IP and leave out the Center & World host IP as localhost?

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
A little more info: (Configuration changes)

• Can get into char selection with only center with HOST IP
  • Can get into char selection with only world with HOST IP
  • Can get into char selection with both center and world with HOST IP
  • Can't get into char selection with only host with HOST IP

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Host value is used both for RMI and Login/Channel for letting people connect.
Host value is just the op of the server, so if its some vps you bought it should be properly set the the ip of whatever VPS it is on.

Login needs CENTER_SERVER_HOST set to whatever the ip is for HOST on the center config.
Channels needs WORLD_SERVER_HOST set to whatever the ip is for HOST on the world config

Locally all 3 should be set to 127.0.0.1

Don't know if you're still having an issue or what but setting this up on a vps without counting file uploads should take < 2 minutes.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Honestly I'm surprised I'm having this much trouble with this, I do believe it is a port problem most likely now, I'll try to figure this out with the information you've provided me, thank you! Sorry for the inconvenience

EDIT: Do you know which ports are needed to be forwarded for it to work? Thank you!

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Honestly I'm surprised I'm having this much trouble with this, I do believe it is a port problem most likely now, I'll try to figure this out with the information you've provided me, thank you! Sorry for the inconvenience

EDIT: Do you know which ports are needed to be forwarded for it to work? Thank you!

You don't need to forward any ports if you're doing this on localhost. The ones you need to forward, however, are the ones that you're binding (e.g 8484 - login, 7575~757X - channel, etc). You don't forward 3306 because your database connection is always local, and you would only grant access through MySQL Administrator using strict credentials.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh I'm not trying to get on the server by localhost (since that has no issues), it's only trying to get onto the server outside of the host computer that's giving me issues
Thank you for the reply!

EDIT: Not sure if I made this clear but this is what I see with my current "setup"
UFyarlw - Getting onto Server (Vertisy Source) - RaGEZONE Forums

When I change all 3: Host, center, and world, I receive that error and worlds won't even showUnless host IP means something entirely different from what I thought

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh I'm not trying to get on the server by localhost (since that has no issues), it's only trying to get onto the server outside of the host computer that's giving me issues
Thank you for the reply!

EDIT: Not sure if I made this clear but this is what I see with my current "setup"
UFyarlw - Getting onto Server (Vertisy Source) - RaGEZONE Forums

When I change all 3: Host, center, and world, I receive that error and worlds won't even showUnless host IP means something entirely different from what I thought
I'm assuming your server is windows if you used whats my ip? or you grabbed your computer ip and not the host one, or some linux cmd which seems inefficient.

I also see the login failed to connect to center. I would make sure you have all the key configuration stuff in the .bats since that is needed for RMI to connect to eachother(I suggest changing the keys if you plan to host a public server)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Back