Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Hack or cheat that allows skills to be used with 1/0 MP left

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Greetings,
Quick question. Is there a hack or any kind of cheat such as packet editing that allows a player to use a skill even the player's current mana is 1 or 0?

I have been getting this bunch of hack notification from only a certain player for 2nd time last night. The skill he used is hurricane, and it only happened for the 2 times he was doing zakum.

I suspected it was just from the lag and inconsistency that happens when doing zakum, but somehow I only get that notification from this guy.

Has this happened to anybody else? Is this a hack or just something that overrides hurricane with lag and its fast speed?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, I don't know what function is giving you these notifications, but unless you're really sure it's accurate, you can always check manually instead of relying on a notification. If it's a cheat detection system, they might not always be accurate.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Like Modify said, try to manually check the player by making a command to display a player's info just to rule out false positives. If he does hack, congrats - your system works. If he doesn't, try to debug where the message is coming from and why your server suspects he does.

What is the cause you ask? He probably just sends the attack packet over and over again. Note that the server is in charge of checking for mana as well.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
PHP:
protected synchronized void applyAttack(AttackInfo attack, final MapleCharacter player, int attackCount) {        Skill theSkill = null;
        MapleStatEffect attackEffect = null;
        try {
            if (player.isBanned()) {
                return;
            }
            if (attack.skill != 0) {
                theSkill = SkillFactory.getSkill(attack.skill);
                attackEffect = attack.getAttackEffect(player, theSkill);
                if (attackEffect == null) {
                    player.getClient().announce(MaplePacketCreator.enableActions());
                    return;
                }

if (player.getMp() < attackEffect.getMpCon()) {
                    AutobanFactory.MPCON.addPoint(player.getAutobanManager(), "Skill: " + attack.skill + "; Player MP: " + player.getMp() + "; MP Needed: " + attackEffect.getMpCon());
                }

This is from MoopleDEV and i got the notification from here. And no, its not the mana regen hack.
I disabled autoban and made it so that they will only display notification. So, I believe for other servers that have autoban, players who received this are banned automatically.

This is what it looks like:
sMY5LCu - Hack or cheat that allows skills to be used with 1/0 MP left - RaGEZONE Forums

Players that shows flood of notif like this are always hacking for sure, but I cannot tell for this guy since it is MP hack that I've never seen before, and it happened only on certain occasion 2 times (zakum run, when almost ending).

I will be doing that status command to check whenever it happens again.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
PHP:
protected synchronized void applyAttack(AttackInfo attack, final MapleCharacter player, int attackCount) {        Skill theSkill = null;
        MapleStatEffect attackEffect = null;
        try {
            if (player.isBanned()) {
                return;
            }
            if (attack.skill != 0) {
                theSkill = SkillFactory.getSkill(attack.skill);
                attackEffect = attack.getAttackEffect(player, theSkill);
                if (attackEffect == null) {
                    player.getClient().announce(MaplePacketCreator.enableActions());
                    return;
                }

if (player.getMp() < attackEffect.getMpCon()) {
                    AutobanFactory.MPCON.addPoint(player.getAutobanManager(), "Skill: " + attack.skill + "; Player MP: " + player.getMp() + "; MP Needed: " + attackEffect.getMpCon());
                }

This is from MoopleDEV and i got the notification from here. And no, its not the mana regen hack.
I disabled autoban and made it so that they will only display notification. So, I believe for other servers that have autoban, players who received this are banned automatically.

This is what it looks like:
sMY5LCu - Hack or cheat that allows skills to be used with 1/0 MP left - RaGEZONE Forums

Players that shows flood of notif like this are always hacking for sure, but I cannot tell for this guy since it is MP hack that I've never seen before, and it happened only on certain occasion 2 times (zakum run, when almost ending).

I will be doing that status command to check whenever it happens again.

Once again, mate, it's not a MP regen hack. You can clearly see the code and it compares the player's current MP to the skill's required MP. If it's lower, then the player is obviously cheating. He is just spamming the skill use packet over and over again.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Back