Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] Localhost tries to patch(Hex-editing)

Reaction score
If I change the IPs to my VPS' IP address, a pop-up saying the client is outdated shows up. Running the server on my own computer using localhost or my own IP address doesn't cause it. I'm not very familiar with Hex-editing, but could my VPS' address (xxx.xx.xxx.xxx) be too long? I've tried using STREDIT and other programs with the same results.

PS: For v83 localhost
PSS: I've tried other clients and made sure my MapleStory is v83.

EDIT: Fixed it, for some reason Filezilla failed to transfer some files over. FML, wasted so much time over nothing. Close this thread please :^)

Last edited:
Reaction score
If I change the IPs to my VPS' IP address, a pop-up saying the client is outdated shows up. Running the server on my own computer using localhost or my own IP address doesn't cause it. I'm not very familiar with Hex-editing, but could my VPS' address (xxx.xx.xxx.xxx) be too long? I've tried using STREDIT and other programs with the same results.

PS: For v83 localhost
PSS: I've tried other clients and made sure my MapleStory is v83.

If you have already changed the client to the ip of vps should be working, you should just be careful to know if you changed the ip in the source and asked the IDE to make a clean .jar.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
If you have already changed the client to the ip of vps should be working, you should just be careful to know if you changed the ip in the source and asked the IDE to make a clean .jar.

I only have to change the configuration.ini in MoopleDev right? Since ServerConstants.java just reads from that anyway? The client and source work when I'm running it on localhost but when I STREDIT or Hex-edit it to the VPS' address the client starts the patcher.exe..

Upvote 0
Back