Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Homing Beacon

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to add Homing Beacon to my server and I can't seem to get my head around how it is supposed to work (Primarily the MapleBuffStats and the giveBuff packet in MaplePacketCreator).. Does anyone know of a v62 source that has Homing Beacon functional? Or perhaps can explain what it is I need to look into in order to work out how to fix this?

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, for starters, Homing Beacon is what Nexon refers to as "GuidedBullet" and isn't a regular buffstat. Instead, it's a special TwoStateTemporaryStat, which I released and expanded on a while back. I don't think any v62 sources have actually working homing beacon, but I could be wrong. It would still use the standard principle of your nOption (the "x" property), the rOption (the skillID), and the tDuration (remaining interval), but it also has another property for dwMobID (mob oid). Here's my thread regarding TwoState's: http://forum.ragezone.com/f427/release-nexons-twostatetemporarystat-buffs-1122668/

Other TwoState's are special buffs like Monster Riding (RideVehicle), Zombify (Undead), etc. You'll notice that for these special buffs, Odin has made packets specifically for them because their structures were undetermined.

Upvote 0
Back