Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Ida reference] I'm interested in learning reverse engineering.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Last year I attempted to make a OdinMS v28 server to test my ability and learn something new with a game that holds so much nostalgia to me.
Thanks to opensource sourcecode's such as, WvsMaple, WvsBeta, and v40 Beta Edition Source I have achieved getting in game. Although, i'm in a rut of figuring out inventory packets, skill packets, and fixing getCharinfo, and SpawnPlayerMapObject.
With that being said I realize my knowledge is limiting my ability to take this project any further.
I'm considering reading,
The people here truly amaze me with there lengths of knowledge, and I look up to most of you.
I've dabbled in programming languages and cheat engine scripts for years, and I understand a fair amount until I reach my breaking point haha.
Anyway, if there is any reference's that helped you with in-depth Ida disassembly, please share a book/reference. It will not be overlooked.
I would consider myself here a lurker considering I don't post much. But I have to say this forum has taught me so much, and the leecher's
really don't see the potential of all this information
Thank you, Joseph.
P.S. if this is in the wrong section, I apologize.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Not to sound unhelpful, but Hex Rays has classes to teach how to use IDA. My reference was trial and error over time. Googled what I didn't know, read IDA definitions and just did not give up. good luck

Upvote 0
Back