Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Java error Channel.bat just a little help please

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have tried for a few days now to figure this out, I have been able to fix everything so far without asking for help but I am at wits end with this one. I understand that it tells you where the error is on the first line but i'm simply not able to find it. Any help to locate or fix the issue is very much appreciated.
Info:
The error occurs when trying to load the channels.bat for the server, It does load 1 of the 4 channels that I have set up and it is playable with the 1 channel but I would obviously like more then 1 channel online.

Error:

zangelix - Java error Channel.bat just a little help please - RaGEZONE Forums

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It looks like you have a script error.
Since the stack is complaining about EventScriptManager.java, I would check among the event scripts.

In one of them, there's "let exitMap, instanceId;" at line 17, that the compiler can't work with.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for your feedback. I just went back through every Manager file I could find from EventInstanceManager to ReactorScriptManager and I just simply cannot find this 'let exitMap' that it's mentioning. I even went through the Handler files and still nothing.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Mmm, nop, I'm not talking about the managers: the error is in one of the scripts (you should have a "scripts/event" path containing Javascript files, one for each different event).

There's one of them that has the culprit line that we're gonna need to modify.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Mmm, nop, I'm not talking about the managers: the error is in one of the scripts (you should have a "scripts/event" path containing Javascript files, one for each different event).

There's one of them that has the culprit line that we're gonna need to modify.

You are the best, thank you so much it seems to be a problem with KerningPQ.js line 17 Syntax error. I would have never found that. Now to figure out what to change it to to make this work. Should it be a var instead of let?

also if you dont mind me asking how you knew where the error would be? I went strait to the managers since the error showed AbstractScriptManager.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It should be var, yes. c:

As for how to find it; whenever an error is caught in a script, AbstractScriptManager will handle it by logging it as "Error executing script".
You can notice that in the first lines of the exception message on console:

0yjB9fd - Java error Channel.bat just a little help please - RaGEZONE Forums

Because Javascript files cannot be compiled, any error is caught at runtime and reported in this same way.

PM4YUOi - Java error Channel.bat just a little help please - RaGEZONE Forums

To find out atleast what type of script we're dealing with, we must follow the call stack (that is, the list of functions that were called right before the exception was thrown). We need to only care about the net package functions, so, in that list, what's relevant to us (in order) is only this portion:

HZz5k1f - Java error Channel.bat just a little help please - RaGEZONE Forums

Now, remember that the stack is ordered from the closest element to the exception throw, to the farthest; this means that AbstractScriptManager.getInvocable was the function that generated the exception, since it's the first. (And actually, if you go to AbstractScriptManager.java, in the function getInvocable, you will find the Exception handling that generates the message "Error executing script").

Right before that, there's a function call to EventScriptManager.init: this is what tells us that our faulty script is an event one.

Since event scripts are all contained in the path "scripts/event", we must search in there.
We know the line number (17), so it's only a matter of searching.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sure; you can add me as Davi#1363.

I'm a bit busy coding for my server, this week, so I may take a little to answer, but I'll gladly help you whenever I'm around. c:

Upvote 0
Back