Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

New job v83 help

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello :3
So i had a goal in mind, to try to add a new job in maplestory (not mask over skills) well, I got past wz editing into the server and game, and I can supposedly change my job to it using the !job command, but the name doesn't appear on the bottom (probably the the client) and when I change the job it only shows the beginner tab.
I know how to edit the client but what the client does with the ID of the value assigned to that job is what I want to know. Do the wz files use the client assigned Id's or what :0
Thank you!!!!!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I just read more on the topic, I dont want evan specifically, I more want to create a new job and basically create the skills from scratch. Ironically i found a video doing exactly what i wanted, but I dont know if they just covered the old skills with the new or actually made a new job.

I skimmed through Eric's post specifically for evan, but that doesnt QUITE help me, there already is an evan class in v83, i want to make one completely from scratch.
The WZ edits arent my problem, i think my problem relies with the src and the localhost. both im fairly familiar with, but not to the point that I can do what i want to do.
I'd appreciate any help from anyone :p Will go back to Eric's post, it seems very intresting.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I just read more on the topic, I dont want evan specifically, I more want to create a new job and basically create the skills from scratch. Ironically i found a video doing exactly what i wanted, but I dont know if they just covered the old skills with the new or actually made a new job.

I skimmed through Eric's post specifically for evan, but that doesnt QUITE help me, there already is an evan class in v83, i want to make one completely from scratch.
The WZ edits arent my problem, i think my problem relies with the src and the localhost. both im fairly familiar with, but not to the point that I can do what i want to do.
I'd appreciate any help from anyone :p Will go back to Eric's post, it seems very intresting.

Back when we did D.ChaosMS, I was not experienced with client knowledge so it remained skill covers. We changed the default class names via STREDIT and made them appear like they were real. Other things were items and cash effects, or some server-sided stuff to make it look more realistic.

Evan's are a fully functional class in v83, or are able to become one. With added buffstats, UserEffects, Dragon actions, packets, actions, and skill handling checks, you can fix them to be flawless with some effort involved. I have released the baseline to Evan's, allowing nearly everything to work and save, but you'll need more client editing knowledge to fix a few skills where their actions were not yet fixed.

Implementing fully functional classes is indeed possible, I just did a showoff of my Eric Class being added not too long ago here: http://forum.ragezone.com/f701/showcase-wz-editing-showcase-thread-773432-post8754920/#post8754920

A job command can set your job to anything, that doesn't mean you actually "added a new job". I can make myself job 1337 for fun, even though it's just a 10th job version of a Wind Breaker. If you want to implement an entirely new class, you'll need a lot of knowledge in the MapleStory client and have experience in assembly. You'll need to implement onto the current functions a code-cave and build your own in order to handle your list of custom classes. Skills, class names, packets, etc will all have to be managed. I'd normally post code or help more on these topics, but since this is something I personally use on my server, I plan to keep it private while open. :p

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Aww, well I really tried learning Assembly and the basics of codecaves, I understood the concepts, im sure more learning on the subject would do fine, but I looked back at your response, and you clearly states that I need "A LOT OF KNOWLEDGE" in both maple client and assembly, so im ways off. It was nice learning some assembly though, very confusing, but fun, especially the topic of code-caves and the way they work :p

Anyways im rambling, should've asked this yesterday, but would adding skills to existing jobs still be a hassle? or just simple WZ editing+some netbeans works~

Oh and thanks by the way :p even those not entirely vague answers (which is fine, I get your point of view, and dont blame you at all) taught me more things :eek: KNOWLEDGE (insert meme here)

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Aww, well I really tried learning Assembly and the basics of codecaves, I understood the concepts, im sure more learning on the subject would do fine, but I looked back at your response, and you clearly states that I need "A LOT OF KNOWLEDGE" in both maple client and assembly, so im ways off. It was nice learning some assembly though, very confusing, but fun, especially the topic of code-caves and the way they work :p

Anyways im rambling, should've asked this yesterday, but would adding skills to existing jobs still be a hassle? or just simple WZ editing+some netbeans works~

Oh and thanks by the way :p even those not entirely vague answers (which is fine, I get your point of view, and dont blame you at all) taught me more things :eek: KNOWLEDGE (insert meme here)

While the client loads the game data upon startup and will crash your client if new skill trees exist in Skill.wz that aren't implemented, it won't affect you at all if you were to add a new skill (or even change/add skill levels) to a current existing job. However, just because you can add the skill does not mean that it will function as an attack or a buff (but, it will indeed appear in-game and you can register SP on it and stuff). It would require you to add that new skill to the client and register it as whatever you're looking for. Nexon uses multiple different skill functions that determine what type of attack or special buff is to be sent to the server since some contain additional bytes. Not going to go into too much detail on how skills/buffs are implemented and function in the client, but just know this: you have a few types of skills. 1) Attacks, 2) Buffs, 3) Teleports, 4) Flying/Wing movements. Adding an attack is more possible than when it comes to a buff because a buff requires buffstats and additional client checks. However, teleports and flying/wing movements would be the easiest to add because those skills are almost entirely client-sided. So I'm not sure your intentions, but depending on how big you're aiming to go, it really ends up taking a lot of time and knowledge. To answer your question though, it'd be easier to add a skill to a current class because it would only be changing a condition in the client to make it 1 SkillID gap higher for your new skill to register. If you were to add an entirely new class, you'd be writing your own entire functions and checks for each job (and/or job race) which is rather a pain.

By the way, skill covers can go a long way and you can always go that route. You can make a current skill do a lot, but the only downside to this is that you'd be replacing a current class in the game. Just take the video of D.ChaosMS for example, you edit them enough and they'll look real :p

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for helping thus far :D
I really do thank you, :eek:
I require more assistance, if you could help it would be wonderful.
I attempted to add a new skill to the hermit class, Kaiser's Dragon Barrage.
gwpsZjN - New job v83 help - RaGEZONE Forums

As you can see, i added the skill and didnt dc, i beleive the server does recognize it, but the button for adding SP is blocked and attempting to !maxskills does nothing with it. I added it to the Hermit.class, MapleCharacter.java, (Skill.wz String.wz [exported to img and also sent to server]) did I miss anything? I cant get it to work?
Btw if youre not familiar with the skill, its an attack.

Also on the topic of adding skills, there are newer features like "Add Attack" that can go into the Skill trees to do neater things, How do I add these features myself to a v83 version? does this also require editing clients or code caves :p i hope not :3

Thanks so much Eric!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Back