Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

working on kms 1.23 version(year 2003 version) and AES encryption problem..

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi.

Sorry for my short english language in advance.

I'm just currently working on kms 1.23 version.
(or just kms version 223)

It's very old version and I think It was developed in year 2003~2004.

Here is my progress.

pYOtwVx - working on kms 1.23 version(year 2003 version) and AES encryption problem.. - RaGEZONE Forums

I currently working with two kinds of different server.
One for the kms 1.2.6 (based on java) and one for the kms 1.55(based on c#)

and I'm trying to modify the kms 1.55 server source to get work with kms 1.23 client.

I don't know about packet structures and header's function..
so I'm referring to 1.2.6 java source code to know about packet structures and header's function.

The problem is I can't get any further from login screen.
When I intentionally input wrong password and then click submit button, The client crashes.

I programmed to send packets like this when the server get wrong password:

Code:
01 04 00 00 00 00 00

0x01 -> header(login check result)
0x04 0x00 0x00 0x00 -> login result(Int) (0x04 for wrong password)
0x00 0x00 -> (short) (I don't know why but my 1.2.6 server sends additional two bytes.)

when I send this packet, Client just crashes like this.

sdbjkcq - working on kms 1.23 version(year 2003 version) and AES encryption problem.. - RaGEZONE Forums

as far as I know, If i send any bytes from server to client, The client just crashes.
and I think It's not just the problem of my packets, It's problem of AES encryption/decryption.

The AES encryption does not work properly for 1.23 client.

(It does work when I send "Gethello" packet. but in the source code, "Gethello" packet doesn't need encryption and is sent through raw packet.)

What should I do now?
The AES encryption Key is different from client to client depending on version?

Sorry for my bad english,
But I'm just newbie and I need any advice of professionals like you.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
You can easily skip AES in localhost. Check the v95 leak and you will find the necessary functions to skip.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
KMS 1.23 is the only game client that uses a different encryption than standard MapleStory (simple XOR basically). If you reversed the client at all, you'd notice that AES isn't even used (nor was Shanda even existent yet). I'll let you figure it out for now since I'm releasing OrionAlpha (my KMS 1.23 emulator) for this years Christmas release in the next few weeks. You'll be able to rip it and anything else you need from there if you haven't gotten it by then.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
KMS 1.23 is the only game client that uses a different encryption than standard MapleStory (simple XOR basically). If you reversed the client at all, you'd notice that AES isn't even used (nor was Shanda even existent yet). I'll let you figure it out for now since I'm releasing OrionAlpha (my KMS 1.23 emulator) for this years Christmas release in the next few weeks. You'll be able to rip it and anything else you need from there if you haven't gotten it by then.

How scripting worked in that version Eric?

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I was wondering because I never managed to get quests to work in GMS beta.

well, quests don't even exist in kms beta lol (very early stages of the game). as for gms beta, the quest system was different (nexon changed it in like v3x or v4x iirc?). it should be the same quest packets though, just send the quest info in setfield and send the quest packet for completion/start :p

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
real nibba post the client setups ill patch out all the crypto for u gang gang

Upvote 0

DSG

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
no release?

Upvote 0
Back