Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Load character command

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello guys, Im trying to make a command that loads up character along with the inventory to my own client. It basically copies a character making me able to view their equips/items and move/talk as them without logging inside their accounts.
I am looking around playerloggedin handler to search for the called method used to load up a char,

I have tried client.setPlayer(character).
It does set myself as that player through interactive movements such as chatting, changing maps, npc player scripts, etc. When I move myself, the target player moves with me like a pet on my screen.

my appearance didnt change nor the inventory i'm viewing.*

Reaction score
If I'm understanding you correctly - what you're trying to achieve is logging in into a different character just like normally but without the need of the actual login process - similar to the old "remote hack". It's pretty simple.

1. Obtain the target character ID using the name from the database
  2. (Optional) Change the target character's map and position to your current map/position.
  3. Disconnect the target character if they're logged in.
  4. Send a channel change packet to yourself with the target character ID and the same IP as the channel you're currently in (making the client reconnect without the login process)
  5. Modify PlayerLoggedInHandler to skip any checks for remote hack

Upvote 0
Back