Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Localhostv62 throws runtime error: abnormal program termination

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello all,

First time posting here but long time lurker. I've been looking through the forums and been trying to run a local v62 server but whenever I try to run the clean localhostv62 client, I get the below error:

I'm sure this is a common problem I just can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Some of the posts I've seen the answers have been that there's an error setting up the server. I've gone through a couple guides and feel like for the most part I've done the setup of the servers correctly. When I run the servers, they all look clean (ie connects to database fine, using Java 6, correct wz placement). I've tried XiuzSource and also ThePack (setting up from a clean computer) but both end up getting the above error when I try to launch the client.

I also have done clean installs from the original v62 installer and copy over the untouched Localhostv62 file and running it in compatibility mode to no avail.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I skipped setting up the wamp server since this is only a local server that I'm trying to get up and running and also didn't touch the Localhostv62 client since it's localhost only. I did port forward the IPv4 properly (have port forwarded for hosting WC3 bots so I have a decent understanding) but don't think that was exactly necessary since I'm still trying to run locally.

If anyone can give me some insight that would be great! Feel free to ask me specific steps I've done if this isn't enough information.

Thank you a bunch!

On another note, I also did try hex editing the client (replaced 127.0.0.1 with my WAN IP in 3 locations all right next to each other) but ended up with a mushroom-less icon and it ended up not running. Not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong there o_O.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This is just because you're hex editing it incorrectly. I suggest opening the client in STREDIT and modifying your IP there because it will fix any issues you're having.

STREDIT doesnt support IP edit old maplestory.

Looks like CEO1 is right, v62 and under doesn't work with STREDIT. On an other note, I'm guessing no one has a solution for the main "abnormal program termination" error?

Upvote 0
Back