Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Maplestory v62 Source Error

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am getting a NullPointException stacktrace from the handlePacket method.

Seems like in line 58 the socket array is null? I am literally lost at why it gives out a null array. This error does not let people ingame join the worldServer even though previously logged people can play normally. They get stuck in the character selection screen without being able to join, the button just stops working and throws this stacktrace.

dab42a16b8798452babd829f74d69907-pn - Maplestory v62 Source Error - RaGEZONE Forums

Here is the code of the handlePacket method.

Adding a try catch for the NullPointException or some if statements to check if it's null might fix the problem though. I just want to know why does the server do those things, it is fine for 2-3 hours and then the login server just doesn't permit more people in the server. I had an issue with the Threads in TimeManager.java because it was crashing the whole server, I augmented the Pool Size and it seemed to fix it "temporally", this might be an error that derives from TimeManager.java, I am unsure.

Edit: Pastebin with all the code =>

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you're experiencing a memory leak, increasing the pool size has an effect similar to placing a bigger container under a leaking pipe. Water will still overflow, although it'll take longer.

Your best bet is to analyze the issue with TimerManager, and figure out why and how threads are able to block the server. The fact that both this and the issues with the CharSelectedHandler happen after a certain uptime seems too much to be just a coincidence, so they could be linked indeed.

Just to be sure: what's line 58 in your CharSelectedHandler? Given the way you phrased it I'd assume it's either line 23 or 26, but the pastebin you provided doesn't include the text above handlePacket, so the line numbers are not reliable.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am aware that increasing the Pool Size for the Threading in the server won't fix anything. I am just not skilled enough with java or developing maplestory servers yet, I started once again with all this not much time ago and I have previous experience with other OOP languagues that is why I could "manage" to get a "temporal" fix to the Threading and increasing the pool size and all of that. I will figure out a way to fix it ... I just need the proper time and investigation dedicated to it for me to understand all the TimeManager.java 's functioning and everything.

I also updated the post with a new pastebin that holds the whole .java script

Excuse me, I forgot that pastebin changes the lines. The line that would be giving the null error is this one:

Essentially the "socket" array which essentially stores the IP's inside the channel array?

On the second link, the "full code" one, the line that is giving a NullException is the Line number 37. Just to clarify if someone wants to search it in the latter pastebin./

Forgot to paste the comment / license section, that is why the lines were not correlating to what I posted.

Should be fine with this link.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back