Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Patching a few cheats / exploits.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello guys I'm totally new to Maple Developing and I wanted to ask you guys a few questions.

1st - There's some sort of stupid exploit in my source where players can get any kind of item through wz editting, I really wanted to make it impossible to use client sided editted wz to take advantage of quests or character creation.
2nd - There's an exploit using the change_map packet (22 00) that allows the abuser to reload the character to a previous state save, they tend to use this to scroll items perfectly or to duplicate items.
3rd - I'm trying to find a way to block the usage of summon bags by players (hence 1st question) 'cause I found on some players inventory a Silve Slime Summon bag. I don't want to block it, simply autoban the idiot that uses it.
4th - I really wanted to know how to debug. As I said, I'm totally new to Maple Developing and my programming skills are not the most brilliant, so to be said.
5th - Is there a way to block the acquisition of a certain item. E.g.: The player acquires a 2x exp card from a gm drop, 'cause I already blocked it from Cs. Upon getting it I want to either autoban the person or make the card vanish and send a broadcast message exposing the gm (item owner, as the name tag shows) and the player who received it.

This would help me IMMENSIVELY.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is a v75 source. I'm not entirely sure what source it is, a friend of mine had helped me through the creation process, he mentioned something about "robo source".

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1.) I'm not really sure about this one honestly. Are you using clean XMls and wz files?
2.) :dontknow:
3.) Add a block in UseSummonBag that bans any player who uses whatever sack you don't want them using.
4.) I'm a rookie myself, sorry pal.
5.)I would just add a block in !drop and !item which wouldn't allow any GMs to create a 2x card, and you can also make it broadcast a message saying he tried to create it as well if you so wish. But why don't you just check the GM logs to see who created it? Also, why have people you don't trust nor listen to you as GMs? :$:

Also,,this source sounds pretty awful, I'd just use a different one if I were you.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1.) I'm not really sure about this one honestly. Are you using clean XMls and wz files?
Yea, using clean files.

3.) Add a block in UseSummonBag that bans any player who uses whatever sack you don't want them using.
I've just done that.
5.)I would just add a block in !drop and !item which wouldn't allow any GMs to create a 2x card, and you can also make it broadcast a message saying he tried to create it as well if you so wish. But why don't you just check the GM logs to see who created it? Also, why have people you don't trust no listen to you as GMs? :$:
There's a reason for it. We'll be testing a lot of things and blocking the commands sounds extremely dumb to me. GM logs are Ok, it's just something I want to have in case someone gets their dirty hands on a GM account.

Before you ask, there are some people targeting us with ddos attacks and worse.

Well, for starters what source are you using and what version?

I've just found the source we're using.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There's a reason for it. We'll be testing a lot of things and blocking the commands sounds extremely dumb to me. GM logs are Ok, it's just something I want to have in case someone gets their dirty hands on a GM account.

Not block the entire command, just put a check in that command that only allowed GMs, or only yourself can create the 2x cards with !item and !drop.

Before you ask, there are some people targeting us with ddos attacks and worse.
o

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not block the entire command, just put a check in that command that only allowed GMs, or only yourself can create the 2x cards with !item and !drop.
Honestly I don't think this would be a great idea. Every time I add a GM (trusty one) I'd have to go and edit the code, compile again... I honestly prefer to do as I stated before. Also, putting a check for a set amount of items would take so much longer.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You could always copy the original command and rework it into a new command called idk !item2 where only admins could use it and create whatever they want

While GM (should be lvl 3) would have the command but the items would be blocked

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Honestly I don't think this would be a great idea. Every time I add a GM (trusty one) I'd have to go and edit the code, compile again... I honestly prefer to do as I stated before. Also, putting a check for a set amount of items would take so much longer.
In that case, just add a check in ItemPickupHandler that doesn't let players pick up 2x coupons..

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
In that case, just add a check in ItemPickupHandler that doesn't let players pick up 2x coupons..
Now there's a good place to start, that's what I was looking for, directions.

Here's an update, I already found out how to block the usage of summon bags and meso sacks. Any player that uses it will get instantly stripped, brought to Fm, and banned in from of everybody. (I really meant what I said by exposing).

I'm still trying to figure out how to use the debugger to look into some nasty stuff and how to patch the so said map_change dupe method.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello guys I'm totally new to Maple Developing and I wanted to ask you guys a few questions.

1st - There's some sort of stupid exploit in my source where players can get any kind of item through wz editting, I really wanted to make it impossible to use client sided editted wz to take advantage of quests or character creation.
2nd - There's an exploit using the change_map packet (22 00) that allows the abuser to reload the character to a previous state save, they tend to use this to scroll items perfectly or to duplicate items.
3rd - I'm trying to find a way to block the usage of summon bags by players (hence 1st question) 'cause I found on some players inventory a Silve Slime Summon bag. I don't want to block it, simply autoban the idiot that uses it.
4th - I really wanted to know how to debug. As I said, I'm totally new to Maple Developing and my programming skills are not the most brilliant, so to be said.
5th - Is there a way to block the acquisition of a certain item. E.g.: The player acquires a 2x exp card from a gm drop, 'cause I already blocked it from Cs. Upon getting it I want to either autoban the person or make the card vanish and send a broadcast message exposing the gm (item owner, as the name tag shows) and the player who received it.

This would help me IMMENSIVELY.

I didn't read the rest of the thread so forgive me if I'm repeating information.

1) If you're savvy with client modifications you can accomplish this to a certain extent or at the very least make it idiot proof. However, since you're new to MapleStory development, we can go with a simpler solution: I am assuming they're wz editing the starting equipment; this information is sent over to the server on create character, so you can make checks on the itemids sent against the proper itemids in your character creation handler (don't remember what it's called on odin)

2) I believe this is an old trade bug; fixes have probably been posted somewhere if you look hard enough, you need to prevent changes if they have an active trade.

3) Depending on the source you're using, you can probably add checks in your summoning bag handler (UseSummonBagHandler or something along those lines?)

4) This is entirely situational, different problems require different methods of debugging. Some general advice would be to recreate the issue and study it, examine what variables and method calls are being made or implement a good log system in your source to do this for you. In order to debug effectively you'll need a general understanding of how your source works and what's actually happening.

5) Perhaps you should make better judgement calls in your staff hirings. Make logs of everything they do, or prevent them from dropping tradeable items in the first place. But if you're insistent on blocking GM drop pickups, this can be done via your Item Pickup handler and trade handling (Player Interaction? eh I don't remember)

Upvote 0
Back