Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Pet Jibberish?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wtf happened to my wz? It was working and at randomly it stopped working. I feel this is more of a XML error.

Thanks in advance for helping :D

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
This usually happens when slot merging your Cash inventory.

Before:
unKmJoO - Pet Jibberish? - RaGEZONE Forums

And after slot merging:
cVItScG - Pet Jibberish? - RaGEZONE Forums

Not sure why this happens though. Maybe someone in the development team can help

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
wtf is this reply, it doesn't even answer his question?

@op check the packet you're sending. if it says a random string then the real name in brackets it means you're sending a custom pet name check ur packet.
It's a reply as to what could be the reason why. Since it's not a custom wz edited pet, the only real way it would become jibberish in most server that I know would be due to trading which also makes the pet unusable. just trying to help ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's an issue from your addItemInfo's Pet portion. I forget exactly why this occurs in Odin, but I would assume it's due to the inaccurate implementation of Pet Expiration's being set in the packet. Something with the bytes go wrong which kills the pet along with it's time. Remember that the time is an 8-byte FileTime and that Odin only writes a portion of the time (as a short or an int) and pads the rests with random bytes and/or zeros.

Upvote 0
Back