Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Port Forwarding issue, help needed!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey, first off, let me apologize in advance as I am new to this.

I set up a v83 maplestory private server using maplesolaxia as the source.
I have no problem starting the server or logging into the client when I use localhost.

The problem is, I want to use port-forwarding to make the server public (I don't want to use hamachi). I read many guides on port forwarding.

I created inbound/outbound rules in firewall advanced settings to make sure nothing is blocked.
I created ports 80, 3306, 7575-7578 (3 channels), 8484, and 8080 on my router page.

When I try to use open port check tool on , it says that port 80 and 3306 are open. However, when I try 8484 or 7575-7578, it gives me this error. Can anyone please help me with port-forwarding? (sidenote: when I check for open port, i made sure the server is launched)

Error: I could not see your service on 174.118.31.180 on port (8484)
Reason: Connection timed out

Also, I tried using the open port check tool with my firewall turned off. It gave me "Connection refused" error.

Back