• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Programming

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello, not sure if I'm in the right section.. I'm planning to take some online courses for game development..
I was wondering, what type of courses should i take to enhance my development in maplestory servers
(source, client, database and packets)
Also, can you refer any good website for such courses? Thanks

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Emulsifyer,

To speak about game development and start learning, it is such a wide topic.

You need to set your goals, if you want to specifically learn to develop and enhance Maplestory server. Then I would suggest to find simple tutorials here on the forum and later on you should try and practice new things.

There are courses for game development in general (mostly you’ll find in YouTube), but no matter how much you watch, you won’t learn without practicing and try to create things out of the box.

To summarize it, I highly recommend you to set goals, learn and practice. If you want to see good results I believe nothing can be rushed in few months, so it will take years to be experienced at this field. Finally, I use the following website to take courses in general Coursera | Online Courses & Credentials From Top Educators. Join for Free, you might find courses that will catch your interest.

Good luck,

PS: I am not an experienced maplestory developer, but I do develop other personal games in my free time as a hobby

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
1. Learn programming basics for the language u wanna use
2. Learn OOP (google it)
Then continue from there, if you fully grasp OOP that shouldnt be such a big problem

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Upvote 0
Back