Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Question about Character Stats Window v83

Reaction score
Hi,

so I was playing around in a v83 source by adding some bonus stat things for characters. I noticed that if you add extra stat through code to variables such as localstr or localluk it does add to your total amount of stat. However, in the character stat window UI, the respective stat that I tried to increase does not display correctly. I was just wondering if its possible to still display those extra stat points added or if it has to be done through client editing.

Thanks.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,

so I was playing around in a v83 source by adding some bonus stat things for characters. I noticed that if you add extra stat through code to variables such as localstr or localluk it does add to your total amount of stat. However, in the character stat window UI, the respective stat that I tried to increase does not display correctly. I was just wondering if its possible to still display those extra stat points added or if it has to be done through client editing.

Thanks.

The client calculates these stat bonuses locally. However, they're calculated using data sent from the server. This may be the stats on the equipment you're wearing or the buffs you tell the client to have active at any given point in time.

Your 'local luk' is for the server to have a good idea of what stats the player should have at any given time, assuming the server calculates this correctly. I recommend not touching this unless you're trying to make the count more accurate than it already may be, if it needs to be.

As for adjusting the stats you see in the window, you'll need to manipulate the buffs, equipment, or any other factors you're sending that the client may use to calculate stats instead of modifying your server's reference variable directly.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
The client calculates these stat bonuses locally. However, they're calculated using data sent from the server. This may be the stats on the equipment you're wearing or the buffs you tell the client to have active at any given point in time.

Your 'local luk' is for the server to have a good idea of what stats the player should have at any given time, assuming the server calculates this correctly. I recommend not touching this unless you're trying to make the count more accurate than it already may be, if it needs to be.

As for adjusting the stats you see in the window, you'll need to manipulate the buffs, equipment, or any other factors you're sending that the client may use to calculate stats instead of modifying your server's reference variable directly.

Thanks! Would you happen to know where the server actually sends the data to that UI?

Upvote 0
Back