Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Quests not showing full completion dialogue.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi there! I'm having an issue where all of my quests are not showing the full completion dialogue:
cpjmg9H - Quests not showing full completion dialogue. - RaGEZONE Forums

This is what it looks like when I complete a quest. Pressing the "ok" button completely closes the dialogue box. However, the Quest.wz shows that there's supposed to be more dialogue after this screen:
9B1544L - Quests not showing full completion dialogue. - RaGEZONE Forums

The following 2 nodes show that there's supposed to be 2 more dialogue boxes after completing the quest but they don't show up. Is there any way to fix this issue? I'm using MapleSolaxia v83 source.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Staff member
Reaction score
Quest dialogue is handled by the client, unless it is scriptable. If there is more dialogue in the wz files, I guess the client doesn't use them.

This is true and false. After getting your reward there's a packet used that brings up another dialogue. The dialogue itself is client sided, but the way to make the dialogue pop up is a packet.

I don't know out of head which packet this is (since I am not the developer), but here's it in action in a v62 server where its properly coded

Reward screen from OP:
0ef4eacdf0952a40a765b15a9ea48488 - Quests not showing full completion dialogue. - RaGEZONE Forums

After clicking ok with the packet properly added:
44f92d6f69f88edd8a735d36867251f8 - Quests not showing full completion dialogue. - RaGEZONE Forums

TL;DR for OP: You are missing the packet which is used after receiving the quest reward.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
what is this packet? why is it needed? or is it just handling quest action better
i am also having this problem

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
what is this packet? why is it needed? or is it just handling quest action better
i am also having this problem
after you click "Ok" a packet should be sent from the client to the server.
Sniff it and handle it properly in your source.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
after you click "Ok" a packet should be sent from the client to the server.
Sniff it and handle it properly in your source.
how to handle? is it question action yes? i dont know what packet to send back..

Upvote 0
Back