Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Remove message, keep chat bubble

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Greetings! I'm trying to get chat bubble to appear and not a message in the box. I've tried a bunch of trial and error to see if there's a way to do this, but no luck.

Modify - Remove message, keep chat bubble - RaGEZONE Forums

I'm only trying to keep the green chat, not the white chat. When I use the green chat by itself, no chat bubble appears on top of the player's head, so it's only the default chat that causes the chat bubble.

Chat Function:
Code:
c.getPlayer().getMap().broadcastMessage(MaplePacketCreator.getChatText(c.getPlayer().getId(), text, c.getPlayer().getGMChat(), slea.readByte()));

Packet:
Code:
public static MaplePacket getChatText(int cidfrom, String text, boolean whiteBG, int show)  {
MaplePacketLittleEndianWriter mplew = new MaplePacketLittleEndianWriter();       mplew.writeShort(SendPacketOpcode.CHATTEXT.getValue());        
mplew.writeInt(cidfrom);        
mplew.write(whiteBG ? 1 : 0);       
mplew.writeMapleAsciiString(text);        
mplew.write(show);       
return mplew.getPacket();   
 }

Any ideas on how to remove the white chat (Default chat in message box)? Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
My brain is a bit slow, I've tried removing it:
Code:
c.getPlayer().getMap().broadcastMessage(MaplePacketCreator.test(c.getPlayer().getId(), text, c.getPlayer().getGMChat()));
Code:
public static MaplePacket test(int cidfrom, String text, boolean whiteBG) {        
MaplePacketLittleEndianWriter mplew = new MaplePacketLittleEndianWriter();        
mplew.writeShort(SendPacketOpcode.CHATTEXT.getValue());       
mplew.writeInt(cidfrom);        
}

I've tried changing the byte (Not sure how that works), both result in a crash, so I know I did something wrong!

use:

Code:
broadcastMessage(MaplePacketCreator.getChatText(mch.getId(), "Mesage", false, 0));

function packetcreator:

Code:
 	public static MaplePacket getChatText(int cidfrom, String text, boolean whiteBG, int show) {

mplew.writeInt(cidfrom);
		mplew.write(show);

}

Upvote 0
Reaction score
use:

Code:
broadcastMessage(MaplePacketCreator.getChatText(mch.getId(), "Mesage", false, 0));

function packetcreator:

Code:
     public static MaplePacket getChatText(int cidfrom, String text, boolean whiteBG, int show) {

mplew.writeInt(cidfrom);
        mplew.write(show);

}

answer already been given

Upvote 0
Back