Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Server BMS

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello guys

I would like to know how to proceed to start a JAVA server only than with the leaked BMS files.

When you use a v 83 for example in a v 75, it even opens the client but does not process. Right.

But in the version of BMS this does not work. Can someone tell me what to do to start? What does the client get first on the server ???

Reaction score
I can't understand your question, but I'll still answer as much as I can.

The leaked BMS files contain both the server executable files and pdb files which are files that contain debugging information about a software and are generated when the program is compiled. Thus, people can use a disassembler/debugger (for ex IDA) to view the content of those files.

They can be executed for an actual server, you just need to know how to set them up (achieved by @Diamondo25). They're coded in C++ and you can't edit them really as they're compiled to work for BMS v.25.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Hello guys

I would like to know how to proceed to start a JAVA server only than with the leaked BMS files.

When you use a v 83 for example in a v 75, it even opens the client but does not process. Right.

But in the version of BMS this does not work. Can someone tell me what to do to start? What does the client get first on the server ???

You should also be aware that you changed your keys and changed your getHello to 9, otherwise if you did not get a hit while connecting.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
This can be done with IDA and the help of v95 PDB/BMS pdbs.

First thing to do:
Find decode1, decode2, decode4 in your desired version of BMS.
Compare your version PDB with the v95 PDB and then name the onPacket methods.
Implement the packet structures on your source.

Unless you learn the IDA basics, you won't go far.

I posted the PDB for version 1 of BMS here:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f920/road-localhost-1130734/

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This can be done with IDA and the help of v95 PDB/BMS pdbs.

First thing to do:
Find decode1, decode2, decode4 in your desired version of BMS.
Compare your version PDB with the v95 PDB and then name the onPacket methods.
Implement the packet structures on your source.

Unless you learn the IDA basics, you won't go far.

I posted the PDB for version 1 of BMS here:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f920/road-localhost-1130734/

Wait, you changed a different client version through OnConnect to run on BMS? LOL, that's a new one for me, cool idea. I guess that'd work actually, since the version headers of the WZ files are actually in different functions, so it'd still parse the game files correctly and send the proper info for the client. Only downside to this though is if your client's packet structures aren't the same as BMS's version, you'll have to modify BMS's binaries or something.

More on-topic though, I believe there was an actual BMS v8 client/folder that worked with BMS itself. I have the original v8 files which went with BMS, but again I think that was also credits to Diamondo25 so I'm not sure if he wants it to remain private or not. Since I'm not sure, I'll let him reply and decide.

Running the BMS files themselves though isn't too complex. You'll need the whole BMS v53 folder, you'll need to move the WZ directories from DataSvr/ into a folder called Data/ instead, and you'll need to install MSSQL and setup the database. Oh, and you'll need to configure the Center.img, Login0.img, and Game0.img etc files. There was an old tutorial yeaaars ago on how to set it all up.

One last thing - BMS files are compiled binaries written in C. They contain microsoft's program database (.pdb) files storing the debug info, and by decompiling them in IDA are able to view local enumerations, structs, and classes. If you were to have BMS in Java, you would quite simply be doing exactly what I am. You'd have to write your own Java source and replicate the binaries, that way you're able to easily update and/or modify any existing code. If you were to run the BMS files themselves, I believe you'd be stuck editing the binaries like you would a client for edits - good ol' olly and asm.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I can't understand your question, but I'll still answer as much as I can.

The leaked BMS files contain both the server executable files and pdb files which are files that contain debugging information about a software and are generated when the program is compiled. Thus, people can use a disassembler/debugger (for ex IDA) to view the content of those files.

They can be executed for an actual server, you just need to know how to set them up (achieved by @Diamondo25). They're coded in C++ and you can't edit them really as they're compiled to work for BMS v.25.

Just not the server bms but giving one in java by reformulating the packages.
I want to make the BMS client (localhost) MapleStoryA, communicate with the server understood? The getHellow function that gabriel posted (change it to 9) worked partially, because the client now does not even want to open, implying that the version is correct now, because before the client restored that the version was incorrect.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just not the server bms but giving one in java by reformulating the packages.
I want to make the BMS client (localhost) MapleStoryA, communicate with the server understood? The getHellow function that gabriel posted (change it to 9) worked partially, because the client now does not even want to open, implying that the version is correct now, because before the client restored that the version was incorrect.

Oh, you're trying to use the MapleStory Admin Client to connect? Make sure you're using a BMS v8 folder like I had mentioned because the client will try and load BMS v8 game files. I've never actually reversed the admin client to determine the version and region, but if you're using a Java source then it may be rather different. Also, if you're editing the source, you'd need to modify the server version to 8 or whatever the admin client's version is in order for it to connect. Are you using a BMS source, or a GMS Java source?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Erik

Exactly not to get stuck with this, I want to rebuild the server.How the files were released by. Diamoundo25 I'd rather wait for it, but would you have the tutorial on how to run the original files? Maybe there's something there that will help

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Wait, you changed a different client version through OnConnect to run on BMS? LOL, that's a new one for me, cool idea. I guess that'd work actually, since the version headers of the WZ files are actually in different functions, so it'd still parse the game files correctly and send the proper info for the client. Only downside to this though is if your client's packet structures aren't the same as BMS's version, you'll have to modify BMS's binaries or something.

More on-topic though, I believe there was an actual BMS v8 client/folder that worked with BMS itself. I have the original v8 files which went with BMS, but again I think that was also credits to @Diamondo25 so I'm not sure if he wants it to remain private or not. Since I'm not sure, I'll let him reply and decide.

Running the BMS files themselves though isn't too complex. You'll need the whole BMS v53 folder, you'll need to move the WZ directories from DataSvr/ into a folder called Data/ instead, and you'll need to install MSSQL and setup the database. Oh, and you'll need to configure the Center.img, Login0.img, and Game0.img etc files. There was an old tutorial yeaaars ago on how to set it all up.

One last thing - BMS files are compiled binaries written in C. They contain microsoft's program database (.pdb) files storing the debug info, and by decompiling them in IDA are able to view local enumerations, structs, and classes. If you were to have BMS in Java, you would quite simply be doing exactly what I am. You'd have to write your own Java source and replicate the binaries, that way you're able to easily update and/or modify any existing code. If you were to run the BMS files themselves, I believe you'd be stuck editing the binaries like you would a client for edits - good ol' olly and asm.
I didn't xD

But it may be possible and I will try it soon.

I'm reversing the BMS leaked files at moment to understand Nexon architecture.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh, you're trying to use the MapleStory Admin Client to connect? Make sure you're using a BMS v8 folder like I had mentioned because the client will try and load BMS v8 game files. I've never actually reversed the admin client to determine the version and region, but if you're using a Java source then it may be rather different. Also, if you're editing the source, you'd need to modify the server version to 8 or whatever the admin client's version is in order for it to connect. Are you using a BMS source, or a GMS Java source?
BMS v 24

Upvote 0
Reaction score
@Eric answer me, how people are keeping the version of BMS v8 in secrecy is it? Because I researched in old forums and every corner that you think behind this and nobody does not have. It would be great if someone wanted to share with me!

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
@Eric answer me, how people are keeping the version of BMS v8 in secrecy is it? Because I researched in old forums and every corner that you think behind this and nobody does not have. It would be great if someone wanted to share with me!

Take the BMS v1 and convert it to BMS v8 using harepacker.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Got bored and wanted to name the BMS client for my collection :D

Only has one LoginIP:
Code:
00717367                 push    offset sAddr ; "200.229.55.4"

Version header is 9, feel free to edit it:
Code:
004B4557                 cmp     edx, 9

Version major is 8, feel free to edit it:
Code:
004B45AA                 cmp     ecx, 8
004B4607                 cmp     edx, 8

and br1337 if you were to modify your game files, remember you need to change the wz version within the client as well:
Code:
0093783C                 push    8               ; n
GabrielSin Sorry, I wouldn't really know. Just like KMS Beta, it was given to me and wasn't released, so I keep it private. If Erwin wants it public, then I'll upload it to the public.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Got bored and wanted to name the BMS client for my collection :D

Only has one LoginIP:
Code:
00717367                 push    offset sAddr ; "200.229.55.4"

Version header is 9, feel free to edit it:
Code:
004B4557                 cmp     edx, 9

Version major is 8, feel free to edit it:
Code:
004B45AA                 cmp     ecx, 8
004B4607                 cmp     edx, 8

and br1337 if you were to modify your game files, remember you need to change the wz version within the client as well:
Code:
GabrielSin Sorry, I wouldn't really know. Just like KMS Beta, it was given to me and wasn't released, so I keep it private. If Erwin wants it public, then I'll upload it to the public.

Eric ok, wait for the Diamondo25's wish so we can encode something back into our language.

-- Edit

Or, let us help with DataBase that launch from v8 on KDev, because your link is evaporated!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back