Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[SOLVED] MapleStory v117.2 - Not launching

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The game is working on my computer running:
Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 1709
OS Build 16299.125

The game is NOT working on my computer running:
Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 1703
OS Build 15063.850

To check your Windows version type "About your PC" in the Start menu
Hey everyone, I recently downloaded the 'Development v117.2' source code and got it running on my local computer. However, when I try connecting from my brother's computer (in the same LAN), the game does not launch and shows no error at all. It only stays visible in task manager before it disappears (see attachment below).

I added some lines in the source to tell me when a connection is made and I am actually getting a ping from the client but it then closes without even showing a window. Both machines are running Windows 10.

Any help regarding this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT: After trying to see what was wrong, I even got the server installed on my brother's computer and the game would not launch on his own computer but I could connect from mine to his.
I'm guessing it has something to do with the client more than the server.
(Either way, all ports are open on the router for WAN and firewall exceptions were added too.)

I'm using the LEN.dll redirector.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Support MapleStory v117.2 - Not launching

117 dosent work on win 10 and 8

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

why not? You just have to know how to make a client.

My brother checked his computer and worked part time.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

why not? You just have to know how to make a client.

My brother checked his computer and worked part time.

As a matter of fact, right after posting this, the other computer got an update (a major Windows 10 update which took more than usual (those updates that create a 'Windows.old' folder in your OS drive since it could rollback if it does not install successfully)).

After installing that, the game worked immediately, every single time using the same LEN.dll method.

Thanks for the replies!

I wouldn't make a general statement like that since I said it worked on my computer which runs Windows 10.

Upvote 0
Back