Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Source Codes. The Good. The Bad. The Ugly.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Greetings!

First off, I thank you for taking the time to read my post. I know you could probably be doing something else, and so your help is much appreciated. I'm an old time Maple Story player, and lately I've not been very happy the way the game has been progressing. So, in my distress I turned to private servers. However, I found that the majority of them leaves a lot to be desired in various ways. I feel like I could do things better.

And so, here I am. Trying to start my own. There is much to learn, but I am here for the long haul. So far I've been following the stickied guide we have here on Rage Zone on how to start a Maple Story server. It's been immensely helpful, and so far I've gotten to the point where it's time to find my source code and WZ files.

My goal is to emulate version .75 of the game, almost exactly. The guide provides a link to the source, in addition to the WZ files. However, after researching that particular source, it seems to be quite incomplete, with a lot of bugs. In addition, it is over 7 years old! That certainly makes one feel uneasy. After a quick google search, it seems that the majority of these so called sources are quite unstable and old.

And so this is where I need help. How would one find a solid source for version .75? Is there one available here on RageZone? If not then where?
Am I wrong in assuming that there is no stable source?
If so, then how does one fix the bugs?
Many questions I know, but I appreciate greatly the time you take to answer them.

Sincerely,
Slasher86

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
And so this is where I need help. How would one find a solid source for version .75? Is there one available here on RageZone? If not then where?

Google key phrases such as MapleStory Source v75, set up the source so you can get into it, and try it out

Am I wrong in assuming that there is no stable source?

You are not wrong to a certain extent, I cannot get more specific than that. Every source has its flaws whether it's minor or major

If so, then how does one fix the bugs?

Set up a source, get use to where everything is (Where specific functions are handled) If you know there's a bug, you'll have an idea on where to look

If you don't know how to fix it, many of your possible questions are probably already answered on the forum since v75 is an old source

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Google key phrases such as MapleStory Source v75, set up the source so you can get into it, and try it out

You are not wrong to a certain extent, I cannot get more specific than that. Every source has its flaws whether it's minor or major

Set up a source, get use to where everything is (Where specific functions are handled) If you know there's a bug, you'll have an idea on where to look

If you don't know how to fix it, many of your possible questions are probably already answered on the forum since v75 is an old source

Thanks for the reply Modify. You are a great help. I have indeed finally chosen my source, but now I seem to have run in to some more problems. Take a look at the discussion here.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
If you're into v0.75 specifically and have no devleopemtn background, I would definitely suggest picking up C++ and using Vana. The source code can be found . The contains a lot of information about configuration, commands and the whole setup process, so it should be quite easy to figure out.

You can also consult pro members such as retep998 or the main developer LazyBui for help regarding Vana or C++ in general.

I'd say it's one of the most stable server emulation software out there, particularly the best one for v0.75.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you're into v0.75 specifically and have no devleopemtn background, I would definitely suggest picking up C++ and using Vana. The source code can be found . The contains a lot of information about configuration, commands and the whole setup process, so it should be quite easy to figure out.

You can also consult pro members such as retep998 or the main developer LazyBui for help regarding Vana or C++ in general.

I'd say it's one of the most stable server emulation software out there, particularly the best one for v0.75.

Excuse my delay in responding. That actually seems quite interesting! I wish I would have known about this before I started the whole process. I may work on this today.
I actually got everything set up in the more traditional sense by downloading the source code, editing the db files, getting my server set up, etc. Technically everything should be ready to go, but I am getting a really annoying incorrect parameter error that evidently is due to something Microsoft has done to so it makes the game difficult to run. There is a fix, but I am having the hardest time understanding and implementing the advice. You can check it out here.
If you know anything about the specifics of the instructions given, then help would be much appreciated. o.o

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Excuse my delay in responding. That actually seems quite interesting! I wish I would have known about this before I started the whole process. I may work on this today.
I actually got everything set up in the more traditional sense by downloading the source code, editing the db files, getting my server set up, etc. Technically everything should be ready to go, but I am getting a really annoying incorrect parameter error that evidently is due to something Microsoft has done to so it makes the game difficult to run. There is a fix, but I am having the hardest time understanding and implementing the advice. You can check it out here.
If you know anything about the specifics of the instructions given, then help would be much appreciated. o.o

Sorry, don't know much about reverse engineering or client editing, but perhaps Eric or sunnyboy can help.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Also, if you learn IDA/IDB then you can use those files for v.75 which you can find somewhere on ragezone I would assume. Then update the packets from there. Also, try stealing some packets/opcodes from the vana source. There are guides on how to learn IDA and how to update packet structures in the Java section.

Upvote 0
Back