Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Any source recommendation ?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi,
I m a newbie. Have some basic Java programming skill.
I want to create a small server where my friends and I ( probably around 10 - 20 ).
I want to have all job available in my server. (if it possible)
Potential system is one of the system I want in my server.

I had tried HeliosMS and OurStory ( Both with video guide and commentary ). I couldn't bypass Hshield problem so I decided to give up. Successful setup HeliosMS but there some major problem with the localhost problem ( I m not sure is it possible to solve or not ). Every time it will pop parameter is incorrect error message. Some time it take few tries to login.

Any recommendations or help ? :(::*:

Edit: I just started learn about setup private server in this 2 or 3 days so I still very new and don't have a clue about different between repack and source.

Last edited:
Staff member
Reaction score
Every time it will pop parameter is incorrect error message. Some time it take few tries to login.

v83? If so, this is a compatibility issue and is currently unfixable. This is not a problem with the Localhost, its a problem with something Nexon changed around the time that caused issues with Windows 8 and above.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
v83? If so, this is a compatibility issue and is currently unfixable. This is not a problem with the Localhost, its a problem with something Nexon changed around the time that caused issues with Windows 8 and above.

Ya v83. If in that case, is there any source that doesn't have tat kind of problem ? Ya i m using Windows 8 and i did change it compatibility and still the same. :(:

all quests and jobs doesnt work in all sources, no repack or source has everything you desire. Go google for a repack or source that maybe 80% work?

So what u mean is that jobs that I want in my server I have to code it my self ? and google a source that may have around 80% stuff that I want and works ?

Upvote 0
Staff member
Reaction score
No, there's no source with that fixed, since its a client problem. And no, compatibility doesn't fix it. For v83 its currently an unfixable issue for W8 and above.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
No, there's no source with that fixed, since its a client problem. And no, compatibility doesn't fix it. For v83 its currently an unfixable issue for W8 and above.

The only "solution" is running it in Win98/XP compatibility mode, and launching the client repetitively until it actually works.. Hooray!

I suggest you pick up one of these sources, (none of which are 100% bugless
do yourself a favor and research before deciding on which caters to your needs more;
Valhalla Albion v83
MoopleDev v83
MapleSolaxia v83
AvoreStory v83

Alternatively, you could download Tropik, Tetra (CrypticSea?), CelinoSEA, Lithium, whateverthefuck you want and then use this tutorial on Acquring packets of an older version to downgrade it to v83 (I honestly don't know how to do it, I am simply suggesting it as an option.. Copy pasta the opcodes from moople? lol). Another idea is just using the original OdinMS rev988 and updating it from v55 to v83. There are a few unfinished things, such as quests, as they were forced to shut down prematurely, but overall it's less cluttered with poop code from everyone and their grandmother.

So what u mean is that jobs that I want in my server I have to code it my self ?
Essentially yes, not many will simply spoonfeed you all of their efforts. Especially not here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the advice. I tot that all the job came inside the source code. Well I will do some research for now =D

Upvote 0
not a programmer
Reaction score
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back