Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to stop DDosers

High Society
Reaction score
I am creating a server and I am wondering how do I stop ddosers from ddosing my server? I'm really not familiar with DDosing, but I hear you can put filters in your source. Any information would help.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you host on a VPS with windows server OS you probably have windows firewall. Open it up, create a new inbound and outbound rule that blocks the ip that is DoSing you. To find out the ip, open up command prompt (windows button + r -> "cmd") and type in "netstat -n", look for the ip that is spamming port 80 (80 is http, if the person isn't DoSing your site, but your server, watch your login/world ports).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Now why can't Extalia do that...

Although it's usually one person person doing a DoS (Denial of Service) attack, sometimes it can be multiple people at once or one person over a large amount of machines, which is called a DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service). The latter is way more difficult to prevent, since you don't only have one IP attacking you. There are people who DDoS with botnets, which are a bunch of infected computers that can do you bidding. Those botnets can get up to ridiculous amounts of machines, in the hundreds or even thousands.

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Now why can't Extalia do that...

Oh and Extalia can't do that because I don't know if you noticed or not but they kind of are runing on Linux ... Correct me if I'm wrong. Reason I know is try connecting to there ip with RDC it won't let you but putty will.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
They likely are running on Linux, but that doesn't mean you can't prevent a ddos attack. Hell, linux is infinitely more stable than Windows to begin with. It's used in most production servers for software.

Upvote 0
Divine Celestial
Reaction score
Get a domain (if you can afford one), and use Cloudflare.
Cloudflare helps a lot. Just make sure to hide your IP from the public and hope for the best, if you're being DDOS, just change your IP and hope no one finds out the new one.

Setting up a domain/Cloudflare was hard for me at first, but after doing a long and hefty Google search, it's really easy.
(Set up your domains and make sure the orange cloud is... well- orange so that means all traffic is going through CF's servers)
Adding a DNS record was the hard part before I found out how easy it was.
A record, type in @<domain> or www for the next box then your IP, click I'm done blabalbala and BAM!
Refresh the page until you don't see anymore waiting for <insert dns server name or something> and BAM!
Go to command prompt and type in 'ipconfig /flushdns' and go to your new domain. BAM.

Cloudflare is really helpful, really helpful.

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Cloudflare helps a lot. Just make sure to hide your IP from the public and hope for the best, if you're being DDOS, just change your IP and hope no one finds out the new one.

Setting up a domain/Cloudflare was hard for me at first, but after doing a long and hefty Google search, it's really easy.
(Set up your domains and make sure the orange cloud is... well- orange so that means all traffic is going through CF's servers)
A record, type in @<domain> or www for the next box then your IP, click I'm done blabalbala and BAM!
Refresh the page until you don't see anymore waiting for <insert dns server name or something> and BAM!
Go to command prompt and type in 'ipconfig /flushdns' and go to your new domain. BAM.

Umm we get the ips from the client just saying ...

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Umm... not everyone will bother to look inside the client for the IP.
If they are... well, looks like you got yourself a hater.

Or just use netstat -n an check the connection that's connected to 8484 that will be the client do yeah cloud flare is nothing unless you use the cloud flare ip on the client which is possible but you will have to disable ip banns or else half your server will be banned when you ip bann someone

Upvote 0
Reaction score

Cloudflare can be a pain in the butt with their caching though. Also, if you choose to use Cloudflare, make sure to use fake information, because they will give up your info to Nexon.

Upvote 0
Divine Celestial
Reaction score
Cloudflare can be a pain in the butt with their caching though. Also, if you choose to use Cloudflare, make sure to use fake information, because they will give up your info to Nexon.
Just purge the cache and you're fine.
And thanks for the info.

Or just use netstat -n an check the connection that's connected to 8484 that will be the client do yeah cloud flare is nothing unless you use the cloud flare ip on the client which is possible but you will have to disable ip banns or else half your server will be banned when you ip bann someone
Hmm, this is interesting.

Upvote 0
Back