Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[v62] What causes job advancer map disconnects with "Invalid Pointer"?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It seems that all V62 servers in GTOP100 are affected by this issue with some exceptions and so is my own server.. Does anybody at least know why does it happen?

Especially, the two maps with "Grendel the Really Old" and "Dark Lord" where sometimes entering the portal leading to a first job advancer map will disconnect you with an "Invalid Pointor" client error.

Any clues will be much appreciated. Thank you! :):

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
you may want to provide an error log if you want people to look at an error you get ;)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you may want to provide an error log if you want people to look at an error you get ;)

Dude, it's a client error and it doesn't have anything to do with server logs. However, it's probably a code in the source related to either scripted NPCs, Quests, or some "WZ Loading" methods causing that issue.

It's simply "Invalid Pointer -2147467261" error by the client. The server doesn't report anything in logs because it hasn't encountered an internal error.

Besides, I am telling you it's very common among v62 servers, I've seen many users reporting it in multiple v62 discord servers. The first job advancer maps have something wrong in a typical v62 source due to some unknown reason.

EDIT: This is a quote from MapleLegends forum for thier server features.
Common Private Server Bugs Fixed:

• Cash Shop related exploits fixed
  • Double-click NPC DC bug fixed
  • Error 38 at map changes (e.g. Taxi to Henesys) fixed
  • Job instructor map disconnections fixed
It seems that they have fixed it.

Reference:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The maps are full of player npc's, change wz or xml data, look at the "life" property.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The maps are full of player npc's, change wz or xml data, look at the "life" property.

Well, it seems it's as simple as that. Thank you very much for the tip. :):

I almost lost hope asking something seeking for a real help in this forum. Nobody cares anymore.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
since he said my post helped, i assume he did literally what my post said... ?_?

Upvote 0
Back