Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

v83 Boss GFX/DCing Issue

RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm sure a lot of you are aware of the graphics/memory issue related to bossing in pre-BBB clients. I was wondering if anyone knew the fix to this?

The issue: bossing causes disconnections to 80% of players; this is prefaced with graphics issues such as not being able to see their inventory, or faces be distorted.

I suspect this is simply because of a memory leak or some sort of issue with graphics objects, but I am not experienced enough to resolve this.

Was hoping someone could either guide in the right direction, or tell me how to resolve this issue.

V83 HEAVENMS BASED

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This happened to me on a server I was working with and I had to completely scrap all my wz edits and start fresh. From what I read it has something to do with how the .WZ images are saved depending on the repacker that you use. Older versions will save the images in a higher pixel format which causes strain on the server. Using HaRessurected was everyone's suggestion but none of the image nodes stay after you save the .wz files, which is a headache.
I also read that it can be fixed with some client edits, which I am not familiar with. Also I think an alternative method was creating some kind of .DLL file but I couldn't figure that out either. I def want to keep my eyes on this post to see if anyone is of any help.

Sources:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f566/server-memory-leak-whats-issue-1154247/

http://forum.ragezone.com/f428/source-memory-leaks-642562/

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
bump.
I have the same issue, can't find a solution for this. has anyone figured this one out yet?

Upvote 0
Back