Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide]Xiah Server Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Xiah Server Configuration Guide[Updated]

Hmmmm well people, I don't know what happening, but I tried to install all this stuff on a 3rd machine (earlier tried on a laptop and my main comp).

I don't understand why, but this time, all worked like a charm !

The only thing I can remember is to have took care about CAPS in names (maybe the system doesn't care about this, but who know ?)

So, I have one last problem right now : when I try to create a char in the game, it doesn't want to do it :eek6:

Someone got that "error" too ?

Lol now my server is started, I'm unable to play on it, isn't ironic ? ^^

Another curious thing I noticed : each time I use Enterprise Manager SQL, it ask for the main database password when I open ACCOUNT.DBO with right click on "expand all rows".
And I'm pretty sure that was never happened during my unsuccessful previous attempts.
I hope this is not the cause which refuses to make a char in game ? Any advices, guys ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Yeah, me again :D

I am going to resume you all I do for improving things.

Now, I am able to create a char, the name looks strange but I don't care 'bout it.

The NEW problem is : friends cannot connect to my server ^^ lol

So, I investigated a little, and supposed it was caused by a wrong IP.

Small reminder : computers have 2 IPS, one is the public one, the other is the "local"

- public = like 93.78.125.11 = all people on the world can see it when u connect to them (like on a website, forum,...)

- local = like 192.168.1.1 = only ur OWN computer in ur network can see it.

Now, I explain the LAST problem : as the tutorial said, I first tried to use the local IP.
Great, my 2nd computer saw the server, has logged, created a char and played a bit.
BUT : my friends cannot connect to the server.

Second try : I used the public IP, and in that case, the 3rd service denies to be started. I suppose my friends can connect this time because I used public IP.

I'm still need help to understand how to configure all that damn IP things, I want to play with my friends, not alone ;)
Thanks for reading, again.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

PM me your msn and we will talk and stuff...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Instant fail..

Your going from 448 chinese 2006... To 419 english xiah 2008.... Millions of difference - FE, Rebirth, quests, skills, monsters,

Can you share path Eng for client China ? I'm beginer so i don't know. Thank you

Sorry eng my bad

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Can you share path Eng for client China ? I'm beginer so i don't know. Thank you

Sorry eng my bad

You cant really go through the paths because of the patches, unless you can DL the english patches you wont be able to find out which client would match up to the chinese one

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

GREETINGS TO :

EvilInDeed and Kolliper. They just tried to fix my server, but we still failed like usually.
They used VNC and worked on my laptop, but for nothing *sigh*

Always that stupid IP thing making me crazy lol

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hehe...finally got a working server !

Something is always weird with the IP : local works like a charm, external still block the 3rd service to start (UnitSvr).

So, as EvilInDeed/Kolliper have suggested, I tried with Hamachi, and this time all goes fine, thanks again guys !

Now, it's questions time :

- Each time I try to create a char like "Harfang" or "damnit" or "blahblah" by example, I got a chinese text on bottom left of the screen.
I tried several combinations, and the only ones which worked, were SINGLE LETTER => my char is called "h" and my friend'one is "b".
We use everyday 26 letters, but the game doesn't accept all of them.
What's wrong ?

- After that, where do I need to look for finding my "h" char and edit her stats/inventory ?

- I took all lists posted there, and I don't understand how to use the ITEM LIST.TXT.
Using it global still give errors.
So, I tried to use 1 query after 1 query, and this time, it worked.
I translated only a few of them, because copy/paste became boring after 30 queries.
Someone can explain the procedure please ?

- While looking in the databases, I found a bunch of garbage and useless stuff, like tons of accounts.
What do we need to do, to have a clean database ?

- Last (for now) : how to add items in NPC ? How to get coordinates in shops ?

Thanks in advance, people.

Note : I have 3 computers, 2 had a not starting server on them. I tried on my main system, and because it was a success, I tried to fix the 2 others.
Success again.
Now, I have 3 servers fully functional (except for missing items and some translations).
Nice job, don't u think ? Lol

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

@to All

I wan't Unpack or change IP file Main client. Helpp meee

Hix ! English my bad

Game Developer
Reaction score

- Each time I try to create a char like "Harfang" or "damnit" or "blahblah" by example, I got a chinese text on bottom left of the screen.
I tried several combinations, and the only ones which worked, were SINGLE LETTER => my char is called "h" and my friend'one is "b".
We use everyday 26 letters, but the game doesn't accept all of them.
What's wrong ?

Client Only accept chinese characters and numbers hehe, u need to do a veery edit on client.

To translate strings on client executable u need one hexeditor with support to ASCII CHINESE CHARACTERS

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Client Only accept chinese characters and numbers hehe, u need to do a veery edit on client.

To translate strings on client executable u need one hexeditor with support to ASCII CHINESE CHARACTERS

OH ! i'm use client English but i dont know hex IP or Unpack file change IP. Can you help me ????

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

OH ! i'm use client English but i dont know hex IP or Unpack file change IP. Can you help me ????

If u can give me your english client or tell me the link to grab it, I'll make my possible to help you.

@ Snaity : maybe u're right, but I am currently using the client given by Enrox, the one we used to play on his server.
And btw, we were able to create char like "Harfang" or "Snaity" with no problem.
U see ?

YEy i has custom title^_^
Reaction score

wont work even if you change ip from eng client

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Some news from me :yay:

- played with 2 other ppl = like a charm
- creating char name = problem fixed

But I still need help plz :

- in which table/database are NPC shops ?

- can someone will give an example on how to add a book in bookstore ?

- how can I execute more than 1 query in a database ? Translating monsters names is so boring one by one

- in which table/database can I find the chars created in game ?

And it looks like noone wants to share his knowledge or work ???

I created a "script" to automatize server start. Maybe I'll post it there if I can get more advanced in development.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

If u can give me your english client or tell me the link to grab it, I'll make my possible to help you.

client English

hompage :

I'm download client and install Success but i'm cant change ip... Can you help me ??

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

EliteAk47 - [Guide]Xiah Server Configuration - RaGEZONE Forums

Can anybody help me?? I'm stuck on Step 2 of number 8?? it won't let me press ok.. There is an Error on it...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Please check url of xiah.mdf and xiah_log.mdf files. Can you learn SQL programer.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Can anybody help me ? I want create shortcut file xiah.exe. what input paramenter in url ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back