Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Creating Ragnarok Private Server

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Part 1
1a.) What do you need and to Download?

1) eAthena Stable SQL-SVN-12969-PV9 and other installation files.

1b.) [Download from the following Sponsored Reference Links]

2.) -Extract the eAthena Svn you have downloaded to anywhere but not in your desktop.
[Make sure all the files extracted are in a folder, if not make a folder for it and drag in all the files]

3.) -Find a folder named conf in the eathena folder you have extracted and double click.

4.) (Remeber to remove "//" for login_ip, char_ip, map_ip, login_port)

(Open all .conf file using notepad format)

-Now Edit this few lines in char_athena.conf and map_athena.conf .

char_athena.conf :

Server Communication username and password.

userid: s1

passwd: p1

-Edit userid and passwd to any username and password you can remeber. You will need this later on in your MySql Database.

-Remeber to remove // for login_ip and char_ip and change 127.0.0.1 to your internet(wan) ip. You can choose to use no-ip to replace your wan ip from Link .

-Now you are done with your char_athena. SAVE and exit .

map_athena.conf :

-Edit userid and passwd to the same username and password you used eariler on for your char_athena.

-Remeber to remove // for char_ip and map_ip and change the 127.0.0.1 to the same internet ip you used eariler on in your char_athena.

-Now you are done with your map_athena. SAVE and exit.

Part 2

1] MySQL 5.0.27 and other installation files

2] MySQL GUI Tools 5.0-r8 and other installation files

[Download from the following Reference Links below, sponsored reference ads links below where you can get for free.]

[Requires Web Hosting and Dedicated Hosting Servers or Dedicated Server to host Website and Server Online 24/7]

Please NOTE that: For other type of operating system, check this website: Link

2.) Install MySQL 5.0.27

-Click Next

-Choose Typical and then click Next.

-Click Install.

-Choose to skip sign up and then click Next.

-When the installation finished, Tick Configure the MySQL Server now and click Finish.

-Now you can choose Detailed Configuration or Standard Configuration. This would be up to you to choose any of it. You can just choose standard configuration and click Next.

-Next, Under Service Name Column, Choose MYSQL5 and then click Next.

-Next, Just enter any password for this root user and click next. Do not change the username as this username and password would be used later as your database login.

-Click Execute and after its done, click Finish. If any errors occurs, uninstall MYSQL5.0.27 and reinstall everything again.

3.) -Install MySQL GUI Tools 5.0-r8

4.) -Next, Open MySql Adminstrator and it will prompt out a window, Type in the Host Name, Username and password as shown below.

Stored Connection: [Just leave this column empty]

Server Host: localhost

Username: root

Password: (enter the password you have created before for the user root)

Port: 3306

-Click Ok and you should now be in MYSQL Adminstrator.

-Go to your left column and look for User Adminstration and click on Add New User.

-Enter this inside the columns:

MySQL User: ragnarok

Password: ragnarok

Confirm Password: ragnarok

Click Apply Changes when you are done.

-When you are done, exit MYSQL Adminstrator.

5.) -Open MYSQL Query Browser from your Desktop or Start Menu.

-If you cant find it in your desktop, try finding it from the following directory C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Tools for 5.0

6.) -After you open MySQL Query Browser, a window should prompt out, type this out in the following blanks:

Stored Connection: [just leave it empty]

Server Host: localhost

Username: root

Password: [enter the password we created before for root]

Default Schema: ragnarok

Port: 3306

-Click OK to create a new ragnarok schema.

7.) -You should now be inside MySQL Query Browser.

-Click once on the Ragnarok Database on your right column and make sure it is bold.

-Go to menu, click File, Open Script and search for a folder named sql-files which should be in your eAthena Server Folder.

-When you are inside the sql-files folder with your MySQL Query Browser, click on Main.sql and click open.

-Once it is done loading, click on the Green Execute Button on your upper right hand corner and it should do some executing. Do the same with Mail.sql and some latest upgrade.sql .

-Once you are done, click on the Resultset 1 Tab to go back to the main page. Right click on any database, eg.Ragnarok and choose Create New Schema , type in log and click ok. Once it is done, click once on log database and make sure it is bold, Go to menu, File, Open Script and choose logs.sql and click on the Green Execute Button.

-Now, click on the Resultset 1 to go back to the main page. Click once on Ragnarok database, right click on Ragnarok database and click refresh. There should be some database files shown on your right column. Search for a database named login and click Quadruple (4) times on it. A window should prompt out .

-To edit the login table, click once on edit on the bottom, look at column 1 and change the username s1 , password p1 to the username and password you used eariler on in your char_athena and map_athena.

-To make a GM[Game Master] Account, Right click on any place between the white screen, click create new column. Change the newly created empty column number id to 2000000 and choose a username and password for your GM account. As for the level column , put 99 for adminstrator.

-After you have done, click Apply Changes.

-You are now done with your MySql Database. EXIT now.

Part 3

1a.) [This is for user who is using MySQL 4.1.x and higher]

What do you need and to Download?

1] Abyss Web Server and other installation files

2] PHP and other installation files

[requires Web Hosting and Dedicated Hosting Servers or Dedicated Server to host Website and Server Online 24/7]

1.)

-Create a new folder and name it PHP in your Local Disk C:\ and extract PHP 5.2.5 into the PHP folder.

-Go to the C:\PHP\ext folder, copy php_mysql.dll and paste in into the PHP main folder C:\PHP

-In PHP main folder, copy php.ini-recommended, rename it to php.ini and paste it into your Windows folder which can be found in your local disk C:\

-When you are done, go into your Windows folder and open the php.ini with notepad or wordpad. Search for ;extension=php_mysql.dll and remove ; to make it look like extension=php_mysql.dll . Save and EXIT.

-Install Abyss Server Consolidation.

-After you have installed the Abyss Server Consolidation, open the Abyss Server Consolidation if it dosen't run. If the server is running, you should see a blue in colour logo in your task bar which is located at your lower right hand corner. Right click on it and click Show Console. Choose your language normally we would choose english. Do so and continue.

-It will then ask you to input Access Credentials ]Username and Password] (this is so that you have to login before being able to change anythings) Put whatever credentials you want but please remember them. You will be prompted for them every time you attempt to open the console, after pressing OK for setting your Access Credentials. You can change your Access Credentials at any time at Abyss Web Server Console :: Console Configuration :: Access Credentials .

-After you have logged in to the Abyss Server, Go to Console Configuration and then click on Paramters. Change the port to a port that is not blocked by ur ISP. Click OK twice and Restart.

-Next go back to Console Configuration and click on IP Address Control and change the Order to Deny/Allow if that's not what it's at by default. Press OK twice and Restart.

-Ok , now go back to the main page and click on the Configure button beside the Stop Button. When you are done, click on the Index Files and click Add. Key in index.php and click ok.

- You should now be back to the Configure Page. Now click on IP Address Control and click on Add. For the Virtual Path, key in / . Change the order to Deny/Allow. Press OK twice.

-You should now be back to the Configure Page. Click on the Scripting Parameters . Click Add in Interpreters column and click Browse, go to the directory you extracted your PHP and select php-cgi.exe or just simple type in this C:\PHP\php-cgi.exe . In Type, choose PHP Style.

-Check in Use the associated extensions to automatically update the Script

-In Associated Extensions, click Add and type in php and press OK

-Now just click the OK

-In Custom Environment Variables, click Add and type this in the column shown

Name: REDIRECT_STATUS

Value: 200

-After you are done with Abyss Server and PHP, click Restart.

Part 4

1) Zend Optimizer 3.3.3

2) LRLCP

[Requires Web Hosting and Dedicated Hosting Servers or Dedicated Server to host Website and Server Online 24/7]

Dedicated Hosting Servers,Hosting,Managed Server Hosting,Web Hosts,Window Dedicated Server Hosting Server,

2.) -Install Zend Optimizer 3.3.3

-Click Next and accept the license agreement

-Select Other Web Server as you will be using [/b]Abyss Web Server[/b]

-Click Next

-Click Next

-Browse C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs as your root of web server.

-Install it

3.)
-Create a new folder in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs and name if after your ro, for example TestRo.

-Now, Extract the Lrlcp Control Panel,CPanel into the C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\TestRo

-Now you are done with your Control Panel,CPanel

4.)
-Open your MySql Query Browser and login into it.

-Right click on any database shown at the left column and click Create New Schema and name it after your ro. For example TestRo.

-Click once on TestRo and make sure it is bold.

-Go to menu, File, Open Script and open a file named install in your C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\TestRo\Install\Install.txt

-Click on the Green Execute button.

-When you are done, close MySql Query Browser.

5.)
-Open MySql Adminstrator and login into it.

-Click on User Administration and Click New User.

-Enter this into the columns: username: TestRo [Must be same as ur MySql Query Browser database] password: use any password that is easy to remeber.

-Then, click Schema Privileges tab at the top.

-Click once on Ragnarok db and click this button. <<

-Do the same to Log db and TestRo db

-Now you are done with your Ragnarok Online MySql Database and Ragnarok Online Control Panel,Cpanel

Part 5

Well, now you are done with your own eAthena Server RO Ragnarok Online RO Private Server, Ragnarok Online Control Panel and Ragnarok Online Web Server. As for now, you need to download KRO [Korean Ragnarok Online Installation] , a Full Data Folder and a workable Ragnarok Exe for reading your sclientinfo in the data folder. Let me explain more about the sclientinfo. After you have downloaded the data folder from the following link below, extract it to your main ragnarok directory, usually C:\Local Disk\Program Files\Gravity\ . Search for a file name sclientinfo inside the data folder, right click on it and click edit. You can now change the server name to whatever server name you like and the ip address to your computer lan ip.(Please note that this sclientinfo only works for you, or any of your family members which lans to your computer. For the others, they have to use the no-ip Ip Address which you have registered eariler on.

1] Download 7z

2] Download Ragnarok Online RO Private Server Data Folder

3] Download Ragnarok Online RO Private Server ExE

4] Download Korean Ragnarok Online KRO

(Please download 7Z too for unzipping the data folder)

[Always download the latest KRO]

Minimum Requirement:

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i cant see item descriptions, why is that? Is this a server or client problem and how can i fix this?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
What if I want a Portuguese private server...?

What should I do?

Download this kRO anyway?

Teach me, please!

be good to beat evils
Reaction score
where the file of mail.sql?

-Once it is done loading, click on the Green Execute Button on your upper right hand corner and it should do some executing. Do the same with Mail.sql and some latest upgrade.sql .

edit:
can you attach
your back file of dql instead of this queries
.bak is much more detailed

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@Don Tobacco that problem is in yours because of wrong making of this ragnarok.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Can you help me
????? I will install mycrosoft she is error what can i do???

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hmm... is it the same when installing it to 64-bit OS? i'm using windows 7... can't install mysql 5.0.27...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your detailed and helpful guide, I followed each of the steps and used the files and softwares listed, but can't seem to log on to the server with the client (downloaded lastest kRO, patched and changed sclientinfo.xml). Is there an extra step I need to take, like start up the eathena server? Apologies for the lack of knowledge, this is my first time setting up a private server.
Any help will be most appreciated.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@project3005.. yeah i have the same problem too

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

thanks for the guide ^^ still i cant connect.. and i dunno how.. hahaha

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
yea i hav d same problem lyk ramispo where the file of mail.sql? cant find it in sql-file folder...

nd 5 step which u hav given...how to edit sclientinfo.xml nd how to create clientinfo.xml?? REPLY me fast

mail me if possible
ID : rahul.rathi1101@gmail.com

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
error my eathena

[SQL]access denied for user 'ragnarok'@%' to database 'ragnarok'

[debug] at inter.c:346

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

error my eathena please help me!!

[SQL]:access denied for user 'ragnarok'@'%' to database 'ragnarok'
[debug]: at inter.c:346

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have small Problem I can log in ingame but when i Chat anyword I always got DC?. any idea what is the problem?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your detailed and helpful guide, I followed each of the steps and used the files and softwares listed, but can't seem to log on to the server with the client (downloaded lastest kRO, patched and changed sclientinfo.xml)

i have the same problem, and followed each step but i still cant connect to my server.

and yes, nice guide.

i would be glad if anyone reply with a solution :D:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@magicmushroom i can fix the error for a very cheap price

Back