• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Fix: Error occurred during initialization of VM—

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i went through hell trying to figure this one out ;|
anyway, in case you ever get the error
Code:
Error occurred during initialization of VM
java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object
there's a simple solution to it. I have no idea how it happens, it just does, and it's a pain in the butt to fix.

so, you type java in cmd, you get
Code:

then, you navigate to your java directory, and you still get
Code:

Although we may not know how it got there initially, the problem is that your path is targeting the wrong version of java.
Go ahead and navigate to your %PROGRAMFILES%\Java
rice - Fix: Error occurred during initialization of VM— - RaGEZONE Forums

Well well well, what do we have here? Two jdk folders?

Go back to your cmd, and navigate to the higher one. in my case, it was C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_23\bin\
rice - Fix: Error occurred during initialization of VM— - RaGEZONE Forums

So now that we know that the path is wrong, all we have to do is type a huge command to navigate to the java directory!
YouTube - nope.avi

Go to your environmental variables, and edit the PATH (CLASSPATH if necessary), changing ";C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_20\bin\" to ";C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_23\bin\"

And thus, we have fixed this pain in the arse error!:love:

Back