Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[OBJ-C] Creating and populating a UITableView

Reaction score
So i had fun writing the last one, and i have a bunch of spare time on my hands, so here's one about how to make and populate a UITableView

I named my file TableViewPush because it also "pushes" to other views.

I DO MY COMMENTING IN THE CODE ITSELF USING //COMMENTS

RootViewController.h

Declaring arrays to setup with table.
Code:
interface RootViewController : UIViewController < UITableViewDelegate, UITableViewDataSource> {

NSMutableArray *array;

RootViewController.m

Here's where we set up the arrays / header of the file
I didn't bother uncommenting the viewDidLoad in the premade .m, so you can just copy paste this below the #pragma's
Code:
- (void)viewDidLoad {
    [super viewDidLoad];

array = [[NSMutableArray alloc] init];
	[array addObject:@"RaGEZONE"];  //Name of an array
	[array addObject:@"Omer"]; // Name of an array

self.title =@"Raid Guide"; // Header title, one that will show up above your table
}

Configuring the way it looks

After dragging in a UITableView into your Interface builder ( i replaced view with uitableview in the xib) You should now have a section that looks like this :

Code:
// Customize the number of sections in the table view.
- (NSInteger)numberOfSectionsInTableView:(UITableView *)tableView {
    return 1; // 1 = number of sections
}

// Customize the number of rows in the table view.
- (NSInteger)tableView:(UITableView *)tableView numberOfRowsInSection:(NSInteger)section {
    return [array count]; //your going to want to return the array number because you already set up their names
}

Here's where we customize the appearence
Code:
// Customize the appearance of table view cells.
- (UITableViewCell *)tableView:(UITableView *)tableView cellForRowAtIndexPath:(NSIndexPath *)indexPath {

static NSString *CellIdentifier = @"Cell";

UITableViewCell *cell = [tableView dequeueReusableCellWithIdentifier:CellIdentifier];
    if (cell == nil) {
        cell = [[[UITableViewCell alloc] initWithStyle:UITableViewCellStyleDefault reuseIdentifier:CellIdentifier] autorelease];
    }

// Configure the cell.

cell.textLabel.text = [array objectAtIndex:indexPath.row];
    UIImage *cellImage = [UIImage imageNamed:@"apple.jpg"]; // NOTE : This adds and icon r next to you arrays, replace apple.jpg with w/e image you want, you need to comment out if you have no image.
	cell.imageView.image = cellImage;

return cell;

}

Under #pragma mark table view delagate
This is not mandatory, this will push to a new view on click. the first line after the -void line is mandatory for app store release, as it adds in the "untouch" affect on pressing/letting go of rows.
I added in my personal code ( yes this is wow releated, doing something with a wow playing friend lol.)

ill give an explanation of the first if statement, till the first }, since the second part is the same

Code:
- (void)tableView:(UITableView *)tableView didSelectRowAtIndexPath:(NSIndexPath *)indexPath {

[tableView deselectRowAtIndexPath:indexPath animated:YES];

if ([[array objectAtIndex:indexPath.row] isEqual:@"Icecrown Citadel"]) //If user clicks on the cell named insidde the isEqual@: ( in my case Icecrown Citadel"
	{
		ICC *icc = [[ICC alloc] initWithNibName:@"Icecrown Citadel" bundle:nil]; //will push to the file with the name in caps. which means, if you want a dog file, you would put dog in caps where dog is in cpas and dog in non caps where it isn't

[self.navigationController pushViewController:icc animated:YES];
		[icc release];
	}

else if ([[array objectAtIndex:indexPath.row] isEqual:@"Trial of the Crusader"])

{
			TOC *toc = [[TOC alloc] initWithNibName:@"Trial of the Crusader" bundle:nil];
			[self.navigationController pushViewController:toc animated:YES];
			[toc release]; 
		}
	}

You should get something like this :

Main menu

Omer - [OBJ-C] Creating and populating a UITableView - RaGEZONE Forums

Clicking on Icecrown Citadel

Omer - [OBJ-C] Creating and populating a UITableView - RaGEZONE Forums

Request any tutorials you want, i enjoy making these. ill also possibly make any iphone apps you want, so just comment/throw me a pm

Last edited:
Back