Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to make a simple "HELLO WORLD!" BUTTON IN VISUAL BASIC 2008/2010

Reaction score
Hai,

First for you newgens who want to become coders, this is what you need to do to finish your first application (.exe).

Open Visual Basic, Create New > Windows Forum Application.
Then name file to whatever you want.

Mkay, Resize the forum box to the size that you like.. I can care less neither does it matter. Add a big button that almost fits in the entire box.

Press on the button once, then on the right you should see properties rename the button by editing "text" = "Click Me!"

Now Double click on the button and type in this from whereever the line starts. Read Carfully or copy and paste.

MsgBox("Hello World!") // Okay, if you want another message after Hello World! Type this
MsgBox("I love you!")// You can add how many messages has you want.
MsgBox("Alright thats enough messages, just press ok")

Now you should see a green arrow on the top of Visual basic, to start Debugging test it and press "Click Me!" Your application should work perfectly unless your too much of a newbie.

///////Tips To remember/////

// = Your comment Lines, It doesn't do anything other than leave your mark.
( Or ) = Brackets always use it at the end of your statement ex: Msgbox("<---See I used it.. And watch MsgBox("----> Used it again")

If = When you want to basically continue what you want to say use "IF" IF can also mean boy just like boy = girl.

And = Continues your speech, look at this..
If Textbox1.Text = "username" "AND" <---- See I used and because I had something else to say.. Continueing.. And Textbox2.Text = "password"
MsgBox("Successful you are now logged in").

End If = When you start off a sentence with "If" and your finished saying, you would do this.
If Textbox1.text = "You Smell"
End If
Because your starting a new segment.

---------------------------
Tutorial By WizCoder.

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wrong Section

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Nice, but buttons are the simplest things to make,I can make a decent one in Paint, lol.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Cool TuT. Hmm yeahhh, I knew this.

Back