Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial Requests]

Reaction score
You can post your tutorial requests under this thread, and only this thread. There will be NO other [REQ] or [Tutorial Requests] threads under the Tutorials section of Coder's Paradise. If violated, you will receive an infraction.

Now that that's all cleared up, have fun :thumbup1:

This is the place to post your Tutorial Request. Reply only with requests, or answers to requests.

If you're thinking of posting a request here, you can do as follows:
First TUT Request said:
Can somebody please put a tutorial on making a basic CAPTCHA in PHP?

Your Request Should Consist of the Following:

1. Language you want to code it in. (If unknown, state that.)
  2. What you want to know how to do in as few words possible.
--------------------------------

If you're answering a request post from this thread, you should do as follows:
Answering Request said:
First TUT Request said:
Can somebody please put a tutorial on making a basic CAPTCHA in PHP?
I found a tutorial already here for you,
http://forum.ragezone.com/f578/php-tutorial-basic-capcha-638786/
Your Reply Should Consist of:

1. The original quote of the request post.
  2. A brief summary, if needed. (Optional, obviously..)
  3. A link to the tutorial's thread on THIS FORUM ONLY (can also be any tutorial section on RageZone)
--------------------------------

See, flexible rules for everyone. Enjoy. If you request a tutorial, I really don't care what you request, just understand the chances of it getting answered depends on allot, so don't assume it'll get answered and made for you right away, who knows if it ever will. I guess it depends if the right person see's it, likes the idea of it, and decides it's not too much trouble to make. If you can apply those three things to the feeling one gets when they read your request, you've got a better shot than most.

Anyway, don't expect any action, post requests, answer requests, mostly, expect more requests than answers.

- Please Use the Search Function before Posting a Request.
- Please Specify a Language in which you request a tutorial. Such as HTML, PHP, or C++.

If you post anything else, your post will be deleted, you'll most-likely receive an infraction, and the rules here are NOT the same as the Tutorial Section rules. You MAY use the 'Thanks' feature if you're let down you can't post "THANKS MAN YOU'RE THE BEST" to the person who made a tut for you, or anything.. Please refrain from posting anything except a request, or an answer to a request. There's a 0-Spam policy in effect in terms of this thread.

:): Buh-Bye!

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Can somebody please make a tutorial on how to use if, else and elseifs in jQuery?

Extreme Coder - Delphi
Reaction score
Can someone post how to use inline asm, in Delphi and C++

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
1) PHP/MySQL
2) A basic tutorial on how to upload an image into the database as a blob.

Reaction score
I loved your basics python tutorial, if I can learn python over the summer i can skip a year of programming classes at my school. So can you make a more advanced tutorial for python? So I can prove that I know a basic language to my programming teacher. Then I can take java a year early. =)

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
I'd also like to see a tutorial on how to use PayPal's IPN system.

Mother effin' clouds
Reaction score
I'd also like to see a tutorial on how to use PayPal's IPN system.

Yea we really need one of these tutorials, i cant get my head around ipn..

I'll be honest but it would be quite redundant to be writing a tutorial for PayPal's IPN considering they provide a vast documentation about this along with code samples and an amazing sandbox for you to play with. Just to make things easier, here are a few websites I have used in the past:

PayPal IPN:
PayPal Developer Network:

PayPal Sandbox:

That is all you really need. If you are thinking of a full-fledged billing system that utilises PayPal (mainly), then you should be considering PayPal's SDK. Otherwise, you can construct a simple script to deal with PayPal IPN.

Just a few tips too, you will be required to have either a "Premier" or "Business" account to make use of this wonderful feature. Also, when creating your PayPal form on your website, set the 'return', 'cancel_return', and 'notify_url' params for PayPal, whereby, the 'return' is the success page, 'cancel' obviously the failure page and 'notify_url', the page that will process PayPal's payment notification.

PayPal provides a few nice examples on notification handling so maybe you should look there too. One last thing, most users would utilise the 'custom' field when processing the IPN reply. All you are really checking for if the status is VERIFIED or INVALID. But yea, there are many ways to do this.

EDIT: Didn't see this earlier:
1) PHP/MySQL
2) A basic tutorial on how to upload an image into the database as a blob.

Anyways, I presume you already have a MySQL table setup for this with a field of data type 'blob' along with some basic knowledge of PHP 'File Uploads', if so, all you really need to do is have:
PHP:
$imgfile = addslashes(file_get_contents($_FILES['userfile']['tmp_name']));
Inserted into your database (perhaps as a base64 blob if you wish to convert it). If you wish to display it, just get the specific record and have it displayed through a simple PHP echo, under:
PHP:
header("Content-type: image/jpeg");
Or whatever the image type is, e.g. PNG, GIF, etc.

Last edited:

LMC

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'll be honest but it would be quite redundant to be writing a tutorial for PayPal's IPN considering they provide a vast documentation about this along with code samples and an amazing sandbox for you to play with. Just to make things easier, here are a few websites I have used in the past:

PayPal IPN:
PayPal Developer Network:

PayPal Sandbox:

That is all you really need. If you are thinking of a full-fledged billing system that utilises PayPal (mainly), then you should be considering PayPal's SDK. Otherwise, you can construct a simple script to deal with PayPal IPN.

Just a few tips too, you will be required to have either a "Premier" or "Business" account to make use of this wonderful feature. Also, when creating your PayPal form on your website, set the 'return', 'cancel_return', and 'notify_url' params for PayPal, whereby, the 'return' is the success page, 'cancel' obviously the failure page and 'notify_url', the page that will process PayPal's payment notification.

PayPal provides a few nice examples on notification handling so maybe you should look there too. One last thing, most users would utilise the 'custom' field when processing the IPN reply. All you are really checking for if the status is VERIFIED or INVALID. But yea, there are many ways to do this.

EDIT: Didn't see this earlier:

Anyways, I presume you already have a MySQL table setup for this with a field of data type 'blob' along with some basic knowledge of PHP 'File Uploads', if so, all you really need to do is have:
PHP:
$imgfile = addslashes(file_get_contents($_FILES['userfile']['tmp_name']));
Inserted into your database (perhaps as a base64 blob if you wish to convert it). If you wish to display it, just get the specific record and have it displayed through a simple PHP echo, under:
PHP:
header("Content-type: image/jpeg");
Or whatever the image type is, e.g. PNG, GIF, etc.

I actually went looking for a tut after i posted that, and managed to create my own after a few hours :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I would like to see a tutorial with JAVA basics.
Such as the hello world applications, input/output and such.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Tut on coding an emulator of the game in C++
no need to go in depth in Network programming

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Tutorial for create a GameServer, Lobby, etc... basically for a MMO Server please.

Greetings.

Jub

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
jQuery = JS...(kinda)
so...
Code:
if(<statement>)
<code>
else
<code>

Would work just fine.

JQuery is JavaScript. It's not "kind of like it", JQuery is JavaScript. JQuery is a JavaScript library and don't ever confuse yourself/convince yourself otherwise.

Back