Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[VB] Programming a Message Box Tutorial [VB]

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Visual Basic: Programming a Message Box
Hello users, This tutorial had been release tons of times on different sources. I'm going to release a tutorial on how to do it anyway.
This is my first post and I hope you guys enjoy it and give it a like please.

STEP 1: Open Up "Visual Basic" and create a "Windows Form Application" under "New Project".
Dungle - [VB] Programming a Message Box Tutorial [VB] - RaGEZONE Forums

STEP 2: Go ahead and place down a button on the "Toolbox" Section and double click it.

STEP 3: Copy what I wrote and edit the "Your Text Here" and then click the debug button

Congratz! You successfully learned how to program a message box!​

Reaction score
I love that you put vb not vb.net (i assumed this was vb6 whern i saw the thread, should have known better)
2010 express? a little out dated but for the tutorials purposed i suppose it works.
Y u no take pics of step 1?
Y u no take pics of putting button on form?
Y u no explain what each part of the coed does?

Your tutroal would have been better with just 1 line.

Look i found 5.440,000 more tutorials that are 10x more in depth than yours.

Even for a beggining tutorial this is bad.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I love that you put vb not vb.net (i assumed this was vb6 whern i saw the thread, should have known better)
2010 express? a little out dated but for the tutorials purposed i suppose it works.
Y u no take pics of step 1?
Y u no take pics of putting button on form?
Y u no explain what each part of the coed does?

Your tutroal would have been better with just 1 line.

Look i found 5.440,000 more tutorials that are 10x more in depth than yours.

Even for a beggining tutorial this is bad.

Hey! May I ask what the difference is between .NET and VB6? Also how you realize the difference when you just read the text? :)

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
Hey! May I ask what the difference is between .NET and VB6? Also how you realize the difference when you just read the text? :)

VB.NET is the newer language that uses the .NET framework such as C#. VB.NET and C# are technically the same language, even when developed by different people, and they can be transformed to each other automatically, the syntax is just different, that's all. Thus VB.NET is a .NET language, it will be compiled into MSIL.

The older VB6, also known as VB Classic, is an independent language that has derived from BASIC. It compiles into native code and it has its own libraries. This language is also used in VBS files (Visual Basic Script).

For more information, use Google.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I hate to be that guy, but if your tutorial only covers a 3 step process of clicking and dragging, it's a safe assumption that 99% of VB.NET developers already know this and 99% of non-coders aren't going to learn anything about computer science or how to write a complete program from it. I suggest reading programming blogs to get a clearer idea of what programming tutorials are for and how to write one. Cuz I don't think showing you know how to work a message box is it.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you so much for a brief understandable information! I appreciate.

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
I hate to be that guy, but if your tutorial only covers a 3 step process of clicking and dragging, it's a safe assumption that 99% of VB.NET developers already know this and 99% of non-coders aren't going to learn anything about computer science or how to write a complete program from it. I suggest reading programming blogs to get a clearer idea of what programming tutorials are for and how to write one. Cuz I don't think showing you know how to work a message box is it.

This tutorial is poop, ikr. :D

Thank you so much for a brief understandable information! I appreciate.

You're welcome.

Back