View Poll Results: Would you be interested in playing in Travian community that will care about YOU!?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, LETS DO IT!

8 66.67%
  • No (explain in comments why!)

3 25.00%
  • It might be good but not many players will play it (explain why and how we can change that!)

1 8.33%

[Discussion] Travian T4 Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Alpha MaleRank
    Mar 2011 Join Date
    htdocsLocation
    1,619Posts

[Discussion] Travian T4 Community

Hey everyone,

I just had a little thoughts lately. Development and everything related to it started for the one simple reason: faster and better travian servers! Now where we are at the moment, everyone is just trying to host scripts and keeps forgetting what main goal is!

For example, I have lots of friends who want to play Travian Clones badly, but there ain't any communities that care about their members. There is basically thousands of servers with barely 200 registered players. In my opinion that is not how it should be at all.

Do you remember the amazing TravianX.nl community? Do you remember how professional we were at the time and how much we cared about you, about community. That was personally best time of my Travian 'career'. After TravianX.nl got raped by Travian GMBH community got seperated and now we have Zravian, Travmania; Funtravi (Funtravi best one in my opinion) and many others that are GOOD but they are far from GREAT/AMAZING. Staff might be professional, but not as it should be. Support should be better and the most important thing: PLAYERS. It's not even close to fun when there is 100 players, of which 50 are inactive accounts. 50 accounts that are active are seperated in 2 ways -> FARMERS / BEING FARMED. So basically you get 5-6 opponents that are good, but still might not be a threat.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

So lets start a discussion here. How do you guys/girls, as community, feel about private Travian servers? Do you feel there should be some kind of community that consists like 500-1000 players of which at least 50-60% is active and enjoys playing?

Would you love to see a community where staff actually cares about the players? Where there is no cheating bugging and you get to enjoy a full Travian experience on fast paced server (fast paced = no 1000x servers, 50x at max so everyone can fully enjoy it without being forced to play 24/7).

Please tell me your opinions on this because I have something huge in my mind and I'm planning to do something bigger and better then TravianX once was, and I'm really close to realizing it but I can't do it without support of a community who will be the ones to make that server AMAZING!

Bring your ideas out I'm willing to listen and comment on all of them. Let's try to be a community like we were in the past :)

P.S. VOTE AT THE TOP!

MemberRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    BIH BosniaLocation
    72Posts

Re: [Discussion] Travian T4 Community

For sure we all love travian private servers but we stoped to working on it long time ago and everyone else want money for helping in developing some new stuff or if they have something new they put price 1000+ USD and this forum is maded for developing and sharing stuff with others not for earning money so i gived up long time ago from making something better we should try again but only short list of people
    I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”

Alpha MaleRank
    Mar 2011 Join Date
    htdocsLocation
    1,619Posts

Yeah, thought I'm not talking about development here, I would make Travian community where players would enjoy playing it!.

And about your post. Totally right.

MemberRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    BIH BosniaLocation
    72Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dzoki View Post
    Yeah, thought I'm not talking about development here, I would make Travian community where players would enjoy playing it!.

And about your post. Totally right.
    i think in past there was a great travian servers with some unique stuff many started communitys whic was great and fast but they never had enough player i think main reason is we dont offer them anything special or interesting in game so maybe best stuff we can do is to try change story of game insert new stuff for players difrent types of adventures or something maybe fighting against npc tribe from the begining of the game so all players focuse more on beating the server then each other
    I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”

MemberRank
    Mar 2012 Join Date
    FranceLocation
    195Posts

Are you asking us if we'll play on your server ?
    "Would you be interested in playing in Travian community that will care about YOU!?"

People on this forum make servers, they don't play..
    Every day there is less players on travian private servers.
    So how do you want to find players ?
    I belong to the past

Alpha MaleRank
    Mar 2011 Join Date
    htdocsLocation
    1,619Posts

Don't know if you are serious or not but I had community with 1000+ people that heard about TravianX from this exact forum. Please don't share opinions if you are not sure what are you talking about.

MemberRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    Some WhereLocation
    129Posts

I really like your idea, but i think travian is almost dead. Maybe its time to find something new.

Alpha MaleRank
    Mar 2011 Join Date
    htdocsLocation
    1,619Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eyas95 View Post
    I really like your idea, but i think travian is almost dead. Maybe its time to find something new.
    Travian will never be dead in my opinion :)

Also for all those who voted 'No', why you hidin' ? You are brave to vote why not explain your vote aswell?

True MemberRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    Moscow.phpLocation
    247Posts

Travian will never be dead in my opinion :)

Also for all those who voted 'No', why you hidin' ? You are brave to vote why not explain your vote aswell?
    travian already dead. T5 will finish last players

MemberRank
    Mar 2012 Join Date
    FranceLocation
    195Posts

Don't know if you are serious or not but I had community with 1000+ people that heard about TravianX from this exact forum. Please don't share opinions if you are not sure what are you talking about.
    You are being aggressive for no reason. And how could I know that you "had a community with 1000+ people" ? I can't guess it and I wasn't there when it happend. I am serious.
    So I will answer to your questions :
    How do you guys/girls, as community, feel about private Travian servers?
    I feel that travian is dieing as there is less and less players on the servers I know. An example: speed-travian used to have 200 online players and have now 30 only, for zravian it's the same.
    Do you feel there should be some kind of community that consists like 500-1000 players of which at least 50-60% is active and enjoys playing?
    I do.

Would you love to see a community where staff actually cares about the players? Where there is no cheating bugging and you get to enjoy a full Travian experience on fast paced server (fast paced = no 1000x servers, 50x at max so everyone can fully enjoy it without being forced to play 24/7).
    Fast paced server : I tried to make a server like that but most of the players were interested by the hight speed only.
    About a professional staff, this is important and would be of course appreciated.

I just don't know how you will find players; if you can find 1000 players on ragezone I would take my hat off.

Good luck ! :)
    I belong to the past

Alpha MaleRank
    Mar 2011 Join Date
    htdocsLocation
    1,619Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brainiacX View Post
    travian already dead. T5 will finish last players
    Far from dead my friend. Problem is that not many people know about Travian clones, and trust me that is true. If you want proof, I will hop on a .com server, create account and message random people asking if they ever heard about Travian 50-100x servers. I can bet that at least 75-80% people wouldn't know what im talking about.

If I ever plan to make any kind of community, I'm not trying to reach a goal of 1000 registered because that would be dumb, but having a positive goals and a 'dream' is always a huge plus when making something like this.

What I'm looking and hoping for is at least 200 active players that will play daily and enjoy playing and I'm going to do my best to achieve that.

I know it sounds awfully hard, and It is hard, thats why I'm going to need help from a community that will bring players and get rewards for it! :)

Quote Originally Posted by bigarre View Post
    You are being aggressive for no reason. And how could I know that you "had a community with 1000+ people" ? I can't guess it and I wasn't there when it happend. I am serious.
    So I will answer to your questions :
    How do you guys/girls, as community, feel about private Travian servers?
    I feel that travian is dieing as there is less and less players on the servers I know. An example: speed-travian used to have 200 online players and have now 30 only, for zravian it's the same.
    Do you feel there should be some kind of community that consists like 500-1000 players of which at least 50-60% is active and enjoys playing?
    I do.

Fast paced server : I tried to make a server like that but most of the players were interested by the hight speed only.
    About a professional staff, this is important and would be of course appreciated.

I just don't know how you will find players; if you can find 1000 players on ragezone I would take my hat off.

Good luck ! :)
    Alright you are right, I reacted pretty badly. Travian clones are dying for a a few obvious reasons -> cheating with gold, ultra high speed servers that become boring after a day, bugs, and server last for few days and then get shut down. Those are reasons why people stopped playing on such servers.

Thats why I'm doing this. I want to make a server thats going to be opposite of what I just written. NO CHEATING, fair staff will help you out resolve problems. No ultra high speed servers, whats the point in playing 150,000x when you leave keyboard for 2 secs and you get raided + It gets boring! No bugs and the website and server will last for long time so people can enjoy it properly!

I can't find players alone, community has to help.

Quote Originally Posted by bigarre View Post
    I do.
    AND THIS. YES. That is what I wanted to hear. If you want it even after you lost faith in Travian, then lots of people will want it aswell.

----------------------------------

Don't want people to get me wrong, I just want to gather the community that consists of players who enjoy playing those kind of servers :)

True MemberRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    BulgariaLocation
    725Posts

Its hard to build such community without a team. If you are trying to do it alone it will be very hard.
    Flaming users is against the forum rules.

Press F13 to understand how smart you are

Alpha MaleRank
    Mar 2011 Join Date
    htdocsLocation
    1,619Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nmilchev View Post
    Its hard to build such community without a team. If you are trying to do it alone it will be very hard.
    True, but I don't trust anyone anymore.

Alpha MaleRank
    Mar 2011 Join Date
    htdocsLocation
    1,619Posts

Bumping this a little for more visibility.

SubscriberRank
    Oct 2010 Join Date
    Mistet minnerLocation
    306Posts

I'm all for your idea Dzoki,
    Not really into the Travian thing much, but I played the official with my friends.
    I hosted a totally different type of private server for 4 years and worked for a company that had tens of thousands of online players.
    It takes alot - and I mean ALOT! of time and a dedicated staff to do this.....
    I'm sure you know this.
    Good Luck!!! You have my vote!!!
    I would love to play your server when you release it, and spread the word.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advertisement