Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Discussion] Travian T4 Community

Would you be interested in playing in Travian community that will care about YOU!?

• YES, LETS DO IT!

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • No (explain in comments why!)

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • It might be good but not many players will play it (explain why and how we can change that!)

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just had a little thoughts lately. Development and everything related to it started for the one simple reason: faster and better travian servers! Now where we are at the moment, everyone is just trying to host scripts and keeps forgetting what main goal is!

For example, I have lots of friends who want to play Travian Clones badly, but there ain't any communities that care about their members. There is basically thousands of servers with barely 200 registered players. In my opinion that is not how it should be at all.

Do you remember the amazing TravianX.nl community? Do you remember how professional we were at the time and how much we cared about you, about community. That was personally best time of my Travian 'career'. After TravianX.nl got raped by Travian GMBH community got seperated and now we have Zravian, Travmania; Funtravi (Funtravi best one in my opinion) and many others that are GOOD but they are far from GREAT/AMAZING. Staff might be professional, but not as it should be. Support should be better and the most important thing: PLAYERS. It's not even close to fun when there is 100 players, of which 50 are inactive accounts. 50 accounts that are active are seperated in 2 ways -> FARMERS / BEING FARMED. So basically you get 5-6 opponents that are good, but still might not be a threat.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

So lets start a discussion here. How do you guys/girls, as community, feel about private Travian servers? Do you feel there should be some kind of community that consists like 500-1000 players of which at least 50-60% is active and enjoys playing?

Would you love to see a community where staff actually cares about the players? Where there is no cheating bugging and you get to enjoy a full Travian experience on fast paced server (fast paced = no 1000x servers, 50x at max so everyone can fully enjoy it without being forced to play 24/7).

Please tell me your opinions on this because I have something huge in my mind and I'm planning to do something bigger and better then TravianX once was, and I'm really close to realizing it but I can't do it without support of a community who will be the ones to make that server AMAZING!

Bring your ideas out I'm willing to listen and comment on all of them. Let's try to be a community like we were in the past :)

P.S. VOTE AT THE TOP!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
For sure we all love travian private servers but we stoped to working on it long time ago and everyone else want money for helping in developing some new stuff or if they have something new they put price 1000+ USD and this forum is maded for developing and sharing stuff with others not for earning money so i gived up long time ago from making something better we should try again but only short list of people

Reaction score
Yeah, thought I'm not talking about development here, I would make Travian community where players would enjoy playing it!.

And about your post. Totally right.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yeah, thought I'm not talking about development here, I would make Travian community where players would enjoy playing it!.

And about your post. Totally right.

i think in past there was a great travian servers with some unique stuff many started communitys whic was great and fast but they never had enough player i think main reason is we dont offer them anything special or interesting in game so maybe best stuff we can do is to try change story of game insert new stuff for players difrent types of adventures or something maybe fighting against npc tribe from the begining of the game so all players focuse more on beating the server then each other

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Are you asking us if we'll play on your server ?
"Would you be interested in playing in Travian community that will care about YOU!?"

People on this forum make servers, they don't play..
Every day there is less players on travian private servers.
So how do you want to find players ?

Reaction score
Don't know if you are serious or not but I had community with 1000+ people that heard about TravianX from this exact forum. Please don't share opinions if you are not sure what are you talking about.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I really like your idea, but i think travian is almost dead. Maybe its time to find something new.

Reaction score
I really like your idea, but i think travian is almost dead. Maybe its time to find something new.

Travian will never be dead in my opinion :)

Also for all those who voted 'No', why you hidin' ? You are brave to vote why not explain your vote aswell?

Reactions: tr1
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Travian will never be dead in my opinion :)

Also for all those who voted 'No', why you hidin' ? You are brave to vote why not explain your vote aswell?
travian already dead. T5 will finish last players

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Don't know if you are serious or not but I had community with 1000+ people that heard about TravianX from this exact forum. Please don't share opinions if you are not sure what are you talking about.
You are being aggressive for no reason. And how could I know that you "had a community with 1000+ people" ? I can't guess it and I wasn't there when it happend. I am serious.
So I will answer to your questions :
How do you guys/girls, as community, feel about private Travian servers?
I feel that travian is dieing as there is less and less players on the servers I know. An example: speed-travian used to have 200 online players and have now 30 only, for zravian it's the same.
Do you feel there should be some kind of community that consists like 500-1000 players of which at least 50-60% is active and enjoys playing?
I do.

Would you love to see a community where staff actually cares about the players? Where there is no cheating bugging and you get to enjoy a full Travian experience on fast paced server (fast paced = no 1000x servers, 50x at max so everyone can fully enjoy it without being forced to play 24/7).
Fast paced server : I tried to make a server like that but most of the players were interested by the hight speed only.
About a professional staff, this is important and would be of course appreciated.

I just don't know how you will find players; if you can find 1000 players on ragezone I would take my hat off.

Good luck ! :)

Reaction score
travian already dead. T5 will finish last players

Far from dead my friend. Problem is that not many people know about Travian clones, and trust me that is true. If you want proof, I will hop on a .com server, create account and message random people asking if they ever heard about Travian 50-100x servers. I can bet that at least 75-80% people wouldn't know what im talking about.

If I ever plan to make any kind of community, I'm not trying to reach a goal of 1000 registered because that would be dumb, but having a positive goals and a 'dream' is always a huge plus when making something like this.

What I'm looking and hoping for is at least 200 active players that will play daily and enjoy playing and I'm going to do my best to achieve that.

I know it sounds awfully hard, and It is hard, thats why I'm going to need help from a community that will bring players and get rewards for it! :)

You are being aggressive for no reason. And how could I know that you "had a community with 1000+ people" ? I can't guess it and I wasn't there when it happend. I am serious.
So I will answer to your questions :
How do you guys/girls, as community, feel about private Travian servers?
I feel that travian is dieing as there is less and less players on the servers I know. An example: speed-travian used to have 200 online players and have now 30 only, for zravian it's the same.
Do you feel there should be some kind of community that consists like 500-1000 players of which at least 50-60% is active and enjoys playing?
I do.

Fast paced server : I tried to make a server like that but most of the players were interested by the hight speed only.
About a professional staff, this is important and would be of course appreciated.

I just don't know how you will find players; if you can find 1000 players on ragezone I would take my hat off.

Good luck ! :)

Alright you are right, I reacted pretty badly. Travian clones are dying for a a few obvious reasons -> cheating with gold, ultra high speed servers that become boring after a day, bugs, and server last for few days and then get shut down. Those are reasons why people stopped playing on such servers.

Thats why I'm doing this. I want to make a server thats going to be opposite of what I just written. NO CHEATING, fair staff will help you out resolve problems. No ultra high speed servers, whats the point in playing 150,000x when you leave keyboard for 2 secs and you get raided + It gets boring! No bugs and the website and server will last for long time so people can enjoy it properly!

I can't find players alone, community has to help.

I do.

AND THIS. YES. That is what I wanted to hear. If you want it even after you lost faith in Travian, then lots of people will want it aswell.

----------------------------------

Don't want people to get me wrong, I just want to gather the community that consists of players who enjoy playing those kind of servers :)

Reaction score
I'm all for your idea Dzoki,
Not really into the Travian thing much, but I played the official with my friends.
I hosted a totally different type of private server for 4 years and worked for a company that had tens of thousands of online players.
It takes alot - and I mean ALOT! of time and a dedicated staff to do this.....
I'm sure you know this.
Good Luck!!! You have my vote!!! :thumbup1:
I would love to play your server when you release it, and spread the word.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I agree with the comments in the first post. I have had mixed experiences on many different travian private servers. Moderation of the servers should be 24/7, not 1-2 hrs a day, whenever you feel like it. Which is very common on different servers.
Im also supportive of bug fixes / language updates, but I am not supportive of people that decide to just do live development work on the server in the middle of the game.
(one server decided to remove one troop type from the system mid game, and that just completely wrecks the game).

We could all do amazing things if there were 10k players all in one domain, instead of scattered across the world, likewise, with all the devs, mods, and so on working on the same domain, could again take travian clone to the next level. If you have enough money, you can easily attract devs from existing travian clone sites, but the problem is spreading the word and recruiting the players.
Look at funtravi, its the only private server that I have ever tried that did NOT fall over after 2-3 days. Im serious, I have been on private servers, where I sent out attacks, suddenly I had something like 1million troops, then I was removed for "hacking"

When you try 10+ private servers that are unstable, unplayable, it deters everyone from trying again. Yet everyone claims that their copy is "the best". Right now, I just cant be bothered trying another travian clone, simply as the general experience has been an utter, utter waste of time and money.

So for you to be successful, you are going to have to be good at marketing. You know, I see some people on facebook and they just promote the speed of the server, you are going to have to promote your dev, moderation, and support teams as this is more important then anything else. I would even go as far as to suggest that you offer an uptime guarantee (with compensation if needed) for paid customers.

Right now, for me as a player, (and with funtravi gone) where am I supposed to play?

Just a thought, I really think custom graphics can go a long way to distinguishing yourself apart from the rest of the travian clones.

speaking of setting yourself apart, heres an idea:
I think that the way people join servers is stupid. You should join the forum. One account. From the forum account, is plugin, which lets you choose username and server you wish to join.

Someone joining up for the first time, would select the server, (like normal), the plugin then creates the forum account, and "connects" them to the server they choose with their username. Then if the user wants to join another server, its 1 click, (and pick new username) and they are signed up. This way you dont lose members when the server ends. Members can see their own personal stats, of finished servers, via the plugin in the forum.

This system also means that server champions could have their usernames reserved for them, and them alone. It also means that if you have multiple servers, if someone joins to do message spamming, banning the forum account, would ban all of their game accounts. This prevents duplicate moderation, and makes it more difficult for rulebreakers to create new accounts on your other servers.
Unused gold could also be managed via the plugin. So even in a situation where there are no servers for the user to join, the user can login to their forum account, see that they have xxx game gold remaining for the next server, see when the next server is starting and so on.

All this might sound needlessly complicated, but trust me, once in, it makes moderating and retaining players alot easier.

Reaction score
Everything comes from the marketing. If you are not good at it , You wont success.

Right now, for me as a player, (and with funtravi gone) where am I supposed to play?

funtravi can be launcher again... even now.... But there is something that is missing. No one advertise it. We were 2 people only and we made great stuffs but we cant spend so much time in spamming like every noob do now.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i think in past there was a great travian servers with some unique stuff many started communitys whic was great and fast but they never had enough player i think main reason is we dont offer them anything special or interesting in game so maybe best stuff we can do is to try change story of game insert new stuff for players difrent types of adventures or something maybe fighting against npc tribe from the begining of the game so all players focuse more on beating the server then each other

Hi guys, i was here when the scripts of TravianX, i created a server myself to play with my friends but it fails, friend fighting each other isn't fun.
So i would support this idea " maybe fighting against npc tribe from the begining of the game so all players focuse more on beating the server then each other" this idea would be gold.
Speed servers are hard, only the player that is online the most online time wins because of the farm they get from the noob playes or they make there own farm, I played in a server on ater***** T4 version is great to play, until you lose protection and get rape by 2 or 3 players and get destroyed and lose 2 or 3 days in 5 min!

Back