View Poll Results: Would you be interested in playing in Travian community that will care about YOU!?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, LETS DO IT!

8 66.67%
  • No (explain in comments why!)

3 25.00%
  • It might be good but not many players will play it (explain why and how we can change that!)

1 8.33%

[Discussion] Travian T4 Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Alpha MaleRank
    Mar 2011 Join Date
    htdocsLocation
    1,617Posts

Re: [Discussion] Travian T4 Community

Project is being prepared :)

Alpha MaleRank
    Mar 2011 Join Date
    htdocsLocation
    1,617Posts

Project started as BETA version.

http://trilirian.com/

MemberRank
    May 2013 Join Date
    2Posts

I agree with the comments in the first post. I have had mixed experiences on many different travian private servers. Moderation of the servers should be 24/7, not 1-2 hrs a day, whenever you feel like it. Which is very common on different servers.
    Im also supportive of bug fixes / language updates, but I am not supportive of people that decide to just do live development work on the server in the middle of the game.
    (one server decided to remove one troop type from the system mid game, and that just completely wrecks the game).

We could all do amazing things if there were 10k players all in one domain, instead of scattered across the world, likewise, with all the devs, mods, and so on working on the same domain, could again take travian clone to the next level. If you have enough money, you can easily attract devs from existing travian clone sites, but the problem is spreading the word and recruiting the players.
    Look at funtravi, its the only private server that I have ever tried that did NOT fall over after 2-3 days. Im serious, I have been on private servers, where I sent out attacks, suddenly I had something like 1million troops, then I was removed for "hacking"

When you try 10+ private servers that are unstable, unplayable, it deters everyone from trying again. Yet everyone claims that their copy is "the best". Right now, I just cant be bothered trying another travian clone, simply as the general experience has been an utter, utter waste of time and money.

So for you to be successful, you are going to have to be good at marketing. You know, I see some people on facebook and they just promote the speed of the server, you are going to have to promote your dev, moderation, and support teams as this is more important then anything else. I would even go as far as to suggest that you offer an uptime guarantee (with compensation if needed) for paid customers.

Right now, for me as a player, (and with funtravi gone) where am I supposed to play?

Just a thought, I really think custom graphics can go a long way to distinguishing yourself apart from the rest of the travian clones.

speaking of setting yourself apart, heres an idea:
    I think that the way people join servers is stupid. You should join the forum. One account. From the forum account, is plugin, which lets you choose username and server you wish to join.

Someone joining up for the first time, would select the server, (like normal), the plugin then creates the forum account, and "connects" them to the server they choose with their username. Then if the user wants to join another server, its 1 click, (and pick new username) and they are signed up. This way you dont lose members when the server ends. Members can see their own personal stats, of finished servers, via the plugin in the forum.

This system also means that server champions could have their usernames reserved for them, and them alone. It also means that if you have multiple servers, if someone joins to do message spamming, banning the forum account, would ban all of their game accounts. This prevents duplicate moderation, and makes it more difficult for rulebreakers to create new accounts on your other servers.
    Unused gold could also be managed via the plugin. So even in a situation where there are no servers for the user to join, the user can login to their forum account, see that they have xxx game gold remaining for the next server, see when the next server is starting and so on.

All this might sound needlessly complicated, but trust me, once in, it makes moderating and retaining players alot easier.

True MemberRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    BulgariaLocation
    725Posts

Everything comes from the marketing. If you are not good at it , You wont success.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Lewis View Post
    Right now, for me as a player, (and with funtravi gone) where am I supposed to play?

funtravi can be launcher again... even now.... But there is something that is missing. No one advertise it. We were 2 people only and we made great stuffs but we cant spend so much time in spamming like every noob do now.
    Flaming users is against the forum rules.

Press F13 to understand how smart you are

MemberRank
    Feb 2013 Join Date
    2Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sallar View Post
    i think in past there was a great travian servers with some unique stuff many started communitys whic was great and fast but they never had enough player i think main reason is we dont offer them anything special or interesting in game so maybe best stuff we can do is to try change story of game insert new stuff for players difrent types of adventures or something maybe fighting against npc tribe from the begining of the game so all players focuse more on beating the server then each other
    Hi guys, i was here when the scripts of TravianX, i created a server myself to play with my friends but it fails, friend fighting each other isn't fun.
    So i would support this idea " maybe fighting against npc tribe from the begining of the game so all players focuse more on beating the server then each other" this idea would be gold.
    Speed servers are hard, only the player that is online the most online time wins because of the farm they get from the noob playes or they make there own farm, I played in a server on ater***** T4 version is great to play, until you lose protection and get rape by 2 or 3 players and get destroyed and lose 2 or 3 days in 5 min!

True MemberRank
    May 2009 Join Date
    GithubLocation
    867Posts

good luck dzoki

MemberRank
    Nov 2014 Join Date
    3Posts

If you want help, i would like to help you out. but i am not really sure about T4, most T4 scripts are buggy, i would reccomend TravianZ.

MemberRank
    Jan 2013 Join Date
    56Posts

This whole section needs to be removed as almost every released file on here has backdoors and shit

When did this start happening anyways... i still have my version of travian (6:15 AM 1/15/2009) that i made before all this started (the one i was working on when advocaite started)

Wish mine worked cause it doesn't have any of that shit to bad its all messed up
    This is why this section should be removed or at least cleaned to the point where a real ADMIN checked the files or something since even mods are posting files with backdoors in them

MemberRank
    May 2015 Join Date
    EverywhereLocation
    47Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cor Leo Leonis View Post
    This whole section needs to be removed as almost every released file on here has backdoors and shit

When did this start happening anyways... i still have my version of travian (6:15 AM 1/15/2009) that i made before all this started (the one i was working on when advocaite started)

Wish mine worked cause it doesn't have any of that shit to bad its all messed up
    This is why this section should be removed or at least cleaned to the point where a real ADMIN checked the files or something since even mods are posting files with backdoors in them
    Yes i agree looking through the tutorial section all the threads are closed and there's not one tutorial with posts past 2013 but it should be replaced with something like Elder Scrolls Online or Diablo III Normal/RoS would be good since there was only one ESO server (closed now) and the only Diablo III emu i know of only works for the beta version of the game which is horrible because they are both great games.
    Last edited by Abstergo; 16-05-15 at 01:38 AM.

MemberRank
    Nov 2006 Join Date
    118Posts

Hi, this project is dead? i looking on this website and there is mesage about dead connection.
    Legend of Azulgar - www.azulgar.com - 2D/3D Sci-Fi MMORPG
    Webhosting - www.netstormhost.com - Unlimited domains per services

MemberRank
    Apr 2018 Join Date
    18Posts

hi there. i have a script t4 bat have one serius bug. when you attack in oases or ather players all of my army desepire. its the only serius bug i found in my script. anyone nows how i fix it?
    any way the comunity is one very good try. go on!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advertisement