Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Other languages support (Arabic - Hindi, Chinese)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i was trying to provide translation to Arabic language, and had the translated version from Wisam (thanks Ramia), but when ever i send message, or save any type of text in Arabic language (that will be stored in the database); it will change all the time to be ????? (question marks).

by searching install\data\sql.sql i found the problem and the solution:-

for fresh installation: search that file, and whenever you find latin1 change to utf8

for existing servers it is a little bit tricky, you have to go to the related column in mdata (topic, message) and change the collation to utf8-default collation, or whatever table affected by this issue

the same problem will be for all non-Latin users (Japanese, Chinese, Persians,...)

hope this will work for every body.

Message to Dzoki and Advocate, please make this change permanent in your distributions.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
actually the file sql.sql is a text file you have to open by notepad and when ever you find "latin1" just replace it by utf8.

if you have an existing server then you have to use phpmyadmin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back