Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Make a Travian Server with cPanel (Pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Now I have seen lots of people asking how to make a server and people who have problems chmodding and stuff like that. So I made a tutorial for all of you.

I use TravianZ which you can find here... .

Note: The pictures are a little messed up but you can tell what I am saying.

Enjoy...

1. Login to your cPanel with the login information that you get in a E-Mail.

2. Proceed to your file manager to view all the files on your host.

3. Once you click on file manager you need to select "Web Root" and then press "ok".

4. Select upload from the toolbar on the top of the page.

5. Select choose file and it will bring up a select file window. Select the ZIP file with the Travian files.

6. Depending on how fast your internet it it could take between 1 minute to 1 hour to upload. Once it has uploaded click on the file and then press extract to extract the files from the zip folder.

7. You will need to go back to the main page where all the icons are. You need to scroll down and select the one called "MYSQL Databases"

8. Once the page has loaded enter a name for the database and press "Create Database"

9. After you have successfully done that you will need to go back to your file manager and we will need to chmod some stuff. Select the folder "GameEngine", go to the toolbar and select "Change Permissions", then check them all so it is 777.

10. After that go into the install folder (double click on it) and select the folder "data", go up to the tool bar and select "Change Permissions". then check them all so it is 777.

11. Now we are just about done. Head to your homepage and let the website redirect you to the install page. The first page is just a disclaimer that you don't really need to read... just press "Next".

12. This is the main page, it is three images but the installation is just basic, fill out what you think it right or use mine for what you don't know.

This next part is the most important, you need to put in the correct database and login information.
Host: 127.0.0.1 or localhost
Username: your cPanel login
Password: your cPanel password
Database: the database name you selected
Prefix: what you want it to be (s1_ is the usual)
Type: MYSQL

Then you just have the rest of the stuff...
Note: if you don't change the time your server will start when you finish the installation, if you change the time or date then it will let you preregister.

Press Submit.

13. Once the next page loads press create.

14. Once the next page loads press create... again.

15. We will skip this step and move onto the next one because if you try to put the password in it will just give you a error message.

16. Go to
This will populate your oasis.

17. Your server is finally installed just a few last things. You need to go back to your file manager and delete the install folder. This is so users can not change it or whatever... I just know you need to delete it.

You also will need to "Change Permissions" of the "GameEngine" folder to 775.

18. You are done. Congrats!

Thank you for reading and hopefully successfully setting up your server using my tutorial.

Hope you enjoyed.
--Brandon

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Now I have seen lots of people asking how to make a server and people who have problems chmodding and stuff like that. So I made a tutorial for all of you.

I use TravianZ which you can find here... .

Note: The pictures are a little messed up but you can tell what I am saying.

Enjoy...

1. Login to your cPanel with the login information that you get in a E-Mail.

2. Proceed to your file manager to view all the files on your host.

3. Once you click on file manager you need to select "Web Root" and then press "ok".

4. Select upload from the toolbar on the top of the page.

5. Select choose file and it will bring up a select file window. Select the ZIP file with the Travian files.

6. Depending on how fast your internet it it could take between 1 minute to 1 hour to upload. Once it has uploaded click on the file and then press extract to extract the files from the zip folder.

7. You will need to go back to the main page where all the icons are. You need to scroll down and select the one called "MYSQL Databases"

8. Once the page has loaded enter a name for the database and press "Create Database"

9. After you have successfully done that you will need to go back to your file manager and we will need to chmod some stuff. Select the folder "GameEngine", go to the toolbar and select "Change Permissions", then check them all so it is 777.

10. After that go into the install folder (double click on it) and select the folder "data", go up to the tool bar and select "Change Permissions". then check them all so it is 777.

11. Now we are just about done. Head to your homepage and let the website redirect you to the install page. The first page is just a disclaimer that you don't really need to read... just press "Next".

12. This is the main page, it is three images but the installation is just basic, fill out what you think it right or use mine for what you don't know.

This next part is the most important, you need to put in the correct database and login information.
Host: 127.0.0.1 or localhost
Username: your cPanel login
Password: your cPanel password
Database: the database name you selected
Prefix: what you want it to be (s1_ is the usual)
Type: MYSQL

Then you just have the rest of the stuff...
Note: if you don't change the time your server will start when you finish the installation, if you change the time or date then it will let you preregister.

Press Submit.

13. Once the next page loads press create.

14. Once the next page loads press create... again.

15. Now, you are done with instillation. When you get to this page you can close out. If you try to set a password you will get a error page.

16. Your server is finally installed just a few last things. You need to go back to your file manager and delete the install folder. This is so users can not change it or whatever... I just know you need to delete it.

You also will need to "Change Permissions" of the "GameEngine" folder to 775.

17. You are done. Congrats!

Thank you for reading and hopefully successfully setting up your server using my tutorial.

Hope you enjoyed.
--Brandon

this not give error. if yes, skip it, but don't exit from install, you need to populate oasis.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I updated the tutorial. Now you should be able to populate your oasis.

Thanks for reading.
--Brandon

Hi all ,
i installed this mod but i have 1 big problem!!!!!!!
when i go to multihunter > admin panel
and i go add gold or something do in cpanel i have this problem
"500 Internal Error"
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@gow-clan.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.""

i know i need to change CHMOD but where ??? please help me fast. :drool:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi all,

i installed this travian on my website and when i go to Multihunter account > admin panel

and when i do something on admin panel like give gold or something like this i have this problem

"500 Internal error"
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@gow-clan.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

i know that is something with CHMOD but i dont know what i need to change .

please help me fast!

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hi all,

i installed this travian on my website and when i go to Multihunter account > admin panel

and when i do something on admin panel like give gold or something like this i have this problem

"500 Internal error"
Internal Server Error

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

i know that is something with CHMOD but i dont know what i need to change .

please help me fast!

Don't use the one in the player profile.

Use the one in the menu that says "Give gold to user" and enter the user id and the amount.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Don't use the one in the player profile.

Use the one in the menu that says "Give gold to user" and enter the user id and the amount.

hey i cant do anything in admin panel i think i need to chmod some files like admin in game engine ?
please help ?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i try to install and then..

Warning: include(../GameEngine/config.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/deaths/public_html/GameEngine/Admin/database.php on line 23

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '../GameEngine/config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php53/pear') in /home/deaths/public_html/GameEngine/Admin/database.php on line 23

Warning: include(../GameEngine/Data/buidata.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/deaths/public_html/GameEngine/Admin/database.php on line 24

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '../GameEngine/Data/buidata.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php53/pear') in /home/deaths/public_html/GameEngine/Admin/database.php on line 24

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/deaths/public_html/GameEngine/Admin/database.php:23) in /home/deaths/public_html/install/include/oasis.php on line 19

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Unknown MySQL server host 'SQL_SERVER' (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back