Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Aion 3.0 USA will be free to play!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Why should I play Truly Free?
Many other "free" MMOs limit players by restricting access to content,
or force them to pay for a normal game experience. In Aion's Truly Free model,
players have unrestricted access to all content from level 1-60, no strings attached!
Aion Truly Free is a key aspect of Aion: Ascension™, which also
contains the Aion 3.0 content update. A plethora of
new experiences await, including new zones,
increased level cap, mounts, and housing,
all of which is also Truly Free!

What are the benefits of Truly Free?
The Aion Truly Free experience combines the best parts of the
Lineage 2: Goddess of Destruction™ Truly Free model with numerous enhancements.
Here are some of the key features of Aion Truly Free:
No subscription fee. Play for free!
No account restrictions. Visit any zone, chat in any channel, sell any amount of stuff on the trade broker—nothing is off limits!
Robust countermeasures to combat game abuse. We're dedicating a ton of resources to preventing account theft, botting, and real money trading.
No hassles. Create your account, download the game, and play!
No harassment. Don't worry, we won't hound you with constant offers or promotions.
A lot of great stuff we'll reveal more about leading up to launch!

How can something this good be Truly Free?
We understand that an active player population contributes to the fun factor for the entire player population, so we want everyone to experience the game as it was intended.
If you like the game, we'd appreciate a purchase from our store (game developers need to eat too!). If you don't like the game, can't pay, or don't want to pay—no worries, it's on us!

Will this bring you back to Aion or attract more players?

Reaction score
EU is also going Ftee-To-Play on the 28th Feb, with 3.0 to follow some time in the spring.

Personally I think it's going to attract more players, as anything with "free" in it usually attracts a new market of casual players and the new micro-transactions system as well as premium memberships will help too.

I for one will be trying out Retail having only previously played private servers, but then again, I won't be leaving the servers I play just yet.

With regard to other threads on what this means for private servers, I don't think this will be the death of privates by any means, as the limitations on free accounts are quite heavy and I know they've been putting some people I know off switching to Retail from privates.

3.0 is looking pretty exciting and I'm looking forward to what Aion Private Devs can do with the new content.

Reaction score
EU is also going Ftee-To-Play on the 28th Feb, with 3.0 to follow some time in the spring.

Personally I think it's going to attract more players, as anything with "free" in it usually attracts a new market of casual players and the new micro-transactions system as well as premium memberships will help too.

I for one will be trying out Retail having only previously played private servers, but then again, I won't be leaving the servers I play just yet.

With regard to other threads on what this means for private servers, I don't think this will be the death of privates by any means, as the limitations on free accounts are quite heavy and I know they've been putting some people I know off switching to Retail from privates.

3.0 is looking pretty exciting and I'm looking forward to what Aion Private Devs can do with the new content.

limitations on free accounts?

No subscription fee. Play for free!
No account restrictions. Visit any zone, chat in any channel, sell any amount of stuff on the trade broker—nothing is off limits!

Habbo hotel is free to play but it still attracts alot of players to the private servers so i assume it will be the same with Aion.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Dont trust the Free2Play (Pay2Win) concept...
Gameforge has already started with strange actions of the shop and membership.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I mention Alterian Atlas too.
Alterian Atlas is a webpage related rewarding system. You get rewards just because you
completing the main quests. Nice innovation.

C

Catacombs13

Aion announces free-to-play plans for North America, all content will be free ... If you don't like the game, can't pay, or don't want to pay—no .

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
numbers of players have been huge because of the free play, i also joined the bandwagon in playing it...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Is it really free? or is it pay to win type of free to play?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I believe that Aion "Truly FREE" isn't exactly free :p

When we say Free we should do that in game too. It's stupid when you need Gold Pack to gather more than 50-100 mats per day. It's stupid when you need a Gold Pack to find weapons or anything else at the Broker Shop.

You'll say that you can't go at private scene when there isn't so many servers out there that can provide a bugless environment but it will be better in my opinion.

I'm talking for the EU servers. If i'm wrong on something please post it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back