True MemberRank
    Apr 2009 Join Date
    504Posts

Aion 3.0 USA will be free to play!

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Why should I play Truly Free?
    Many other "free" MMOs limit players by restricting access to content,
    or force them to pay for a normal game experience. In Aion's Truly Free model,
    players have unrestricted access to all content from level 1-60, no strings attached!
    Aion Truly Free is a key aspect of Aion: Ascension™, which also
    contains the Aion 3.0 content update. A plethora of
    new experiences await, including new zones,
    increased level cap, mounts, and housing,
    all of which is also Truly Free!

What are the benefits of Truly Free?
    The Aion Truly Free experience combines the best parts of the
    Lineage 2: Goddess of Destruction™ Truly Free model with numerous enhancements.
    Here are some of the key features of Aion Truly Free:
    No subscription fee. Play for free!
    No account restrictions. Visit any zone, chat in any channel, sell any amount of stuff on the trade broker—nothing is off limits!
    Robust countermeasures to combat game abuse. We're dedicating a ton of resources to preventing account theft, botting, and real money trading.
    No hassles. Create your account, download the game, and play!
    No harassment. Don't worry, we won't hound you with constant offers or promotions.
    A lot of great stuff we'll reveal more about leading up to launch!

How can something this good be Truly Free?
    We understand that an active player population contributes to the fun factor for the entire player population, so we want everyone to experience the game as it was intended.
    If you like the game, we'd appreciate a purchase from our store (game developers need to eat too!). If you don't like the game, can't pay, or don't want to pay—no worries, it's on us!

Will this bring you back to Aion or attract more players?

MemberRank
    Sep 2010 Join Date
    EnglandLocation
    75Posts

Re: Aion 3.0 USA will be free to play!

EU is also going Ftee-To-Play on the 28th Feb, with 3.0 to follow some time in the spring.

Personally I think it's going to attract more players, as anything with "free" in it usually attracts a new market of casual players and the new micro-transactions system as well as premium memberships will help too.

I for one will be trying out Retail having only previously played private servers, but then again, I won't be leaving the servers I play just yet.

With regard to other threads on what this means for private servers, I don't think this will be the death of privates by any means, as the limitations on free accounts are quite heavy and I know they've been putting some people I know off switching to Retail from privates.

3.0 is looking pretty exciting and I'm looking forward to what Aion Private Devs can do with the new content.

The Diamond Standard
    Diamond Perfect World - An invite-only server built by players for players.

True MemberRank
    Apr 2009 Join Date
    504Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McVinster View Post
    EU is also going Ftee-To-Play on the 28th Feb, with 3.0 to follow some time in the spring.

Personally I think it's going to attract more players, as anything with "free" in it usually attracts a new market of casual players and the new micro-transactions system as well as premium memberships will help too.

I for one will be trying out Retail having only previously played private servers, but then again, I won't be leaving the servers I play just yet.

With regard to other threads on what this means for private servers, I don't think this will be the death of privates by any means, as the limitations on free accounts are quite heavy and I know they've been putting some people I know off switching to Retail from privates.

3.0 is looking pretty exciting and I'm looking forward to what Aion Private Devs can do with the new content.

limitations on free accounts?

No subscription fee. Play for free!
    No account restrictions. Visit any zone, chat in any channel, sell any amount of stuff on the trade broker—nothing is off limits!
    Habbo hotel is free to play but it still attracts alot of players to the private servers so i assume it will be the same with Aion.

True MemberRank
    Feb 2010 Join Date
    238Posts

Dont trust the Free2Play (Pay2Win) concept...
    Gameforge has already started with strange actions of the shop and membership.

InactiveRank
    Feb 2009 Join Date
    60Location
    43Posts

I mention Alterian Atlas too.
    Alterian Atlas is a webpage related rewarding system. You get rewards just because you
    completing the main quests. Nice innovation.

Catacombs13

Aion announces free-to-play plans for North America, all content will be free ... If you don't like the game, can't pay, or don't want to pay—no .

InactiveRank
    Jun 2012 Join Date
    23Posts

numbers of players have been huge because of the free play, i also joined the bandwagon in playing it...

InactiveRank
    Aug 2012 Join Date
    20Posts

Is it really free? or is it pay to win type of free to play?

InactiveRank
    Sep 2012 Join Date
    AthensLocation
    1Posts

I believe that Aion "Truly FREE" isn't exactly free :P

When we say Free we should do that in game too. It's stupid when you need Gold Pack to gather more than 50-100 mats per day. It's stupid when you need a Gold Pack to find weapons or anything else at the Broker Shop.

You'll say that you can't go at private scene when there isn't so many servers out there that can provide a bugless environment but it will be better in my opinion.

I'm talking for the EU servers. If i'm wrong on something please post it!

Alpha MaleRank
    Jan 2012 Join Date
    MalaysiaLocation
    1,682Posts

they lie us...lie us !!!!! free to play forever ! <---- if want to pro need to topup(use real money) to buy weopan..upgrade weopan..etc.
    This is my Website http://www.gypsumhong.com/
    hahaha sorry bad website

Advertisement