Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What happened to Aion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cat in the Hat
Legend
Reaction score
Hello,

I can't believe when I see that two of the biggest aion projects aion-emu and aion x emu didn't commit for better than a year now. What happened, Aion used to be active in development just like l2. Anyone can update me with the current status of Aion and if there is any active aion project left over.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I believe they all went into private developement.

Reaction score
There are few public emu's available in the release section. Few sources. The other emus are developed privately, and not shared with the public.

Aion used to be active, back when L2 & MuOnline were popular. Those times flew by some time ago. Not many good Aion servers around anymore. A lot of people moved on from Aion back to L2, because L2 went free recently. :/:

Reaction score
With the release of Aion 3.0 i suspect many people will get back into the development of Aion servers depending on how good the content is. The current servers were all coded in Java and based on the same source one way or another a new project needs to be made from scratch possibly in C++ to kick start a new age.

Current projects are all messy, i wouldn't cheer for the code inside them files.

Reactions: 404
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
aion is going to be free to play too in couple of weeks , i see no point in private servers, except for fun :)

Reactions: 404
Reaction score
aion is going to be free to play too in couple of weeks , i see no point in private servers, except for fun :)

That's Aion EU people like me still play on Aion US and i have no intention of starting again after all the work i've put into my toons.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
That's Aion EU people like me still play on Aion US and i have no intention of starting again after all the work i've put into my toons.

yes , but you are not going to start playing on private servers either , right ?
it's just of now that private servers are becoming obsolete since the free2play model is taking over aion :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It is fun, but now players to reduce.I think it is the lack of a good server

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I made myself an server about a week ago, right now 30+ players :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
NCsoft announced a while ago that Aion will be free to play. Whit this move they tighten the market and
this kills alot of private servers. And because of the lack of the newcoming customers interest the private
server developers will silently pass their projects.
This is only my opinion. Not representing the developers standing policy.

Reaction score
I've tested all aspects of Aion 3.0 and one thing i can say the exp rate is still absolute poop, decent mounts are nearly impossible to get unless you want to spend some real cash, housing costs too much kinah, pvp is dead.

There is still a market for Aion 3.0 if a new project were to be made i would assume it will attract alot of players from the retail based on the things i listed above. Someone should start a new project from scratch all the packets are inside the source of the current emulators but for heaven sakes don't make it in java T_T C++ come on!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
please share with me if anyone updated it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back